White letters out or in?

I have a Trailhawk Cherokee for a work car, It came from Jeep with white letters out. I can say without a shadow of a doubt, the 80s are over, and all street driven vehicles should have white letters turned in.

Reactions: Starrs and Beans TJ
What the Yellow Dot mark on the tire means?

Why has to be aligned over the valve stem hole?
I should have included why. I’m gonna turn into a web wheeler soon. It’s a form of easy balancing.
“When performing weight match-mounting, the yellow mark on the tire, indicating the point of lightest weight, should be aligned with the valve stem on the wheel assembly, which represents the heaviest weight point of the wheel assembly. After match-mounting by either of the above methods, the tire/wheel assembly can be balanced.”

Article located here- https://www.yokohamatire.com/tires-101/advanced-information/match-mounting

For the MT's...In.

Here are my self written rules for this, LOL.

BFG KO2 and Cooper STT Pro
—- If rims are old school, like Soft 8 or D-Window, then OUT
—- If rims are 17's, JK's, stock, or more modern looking, then IN
All other Tires
—- IN, but actually don't buy tires with white letters on them if possible.

Out...
15449196395904436979300734440715.jpg

I should have included why. I’m gonna turn into a web wheeler soon. It’s a form of easy balancing.
“When performing weight match-mounting, the yellow mark on the tire, indicating the point of lightest weight, should be aligned with the valve stem on the wheel assembly, which represents the heaviest weight point of the wheel assembly. After match-mounting by either of the above methods, the tire/wheel assembly can be balanced.”

Article located here- https://www.yokohamatire.com/tires-101/advanced-information/match-mounting

Nothing wrong on be a web wheeler as long you used on the positive way, learn from others and share your knowledge respectfully with others.
I'm actually a jeep wheeler to the point that the only and the most important pavement trips I do is to the Ice cream shop. But enjoy the wheel on the Web especially this forum and some Facebook groups every chance i have.

Now to the point.
I will like to add that the tire marks are intended to inform the first radial harmonic peak point and some imbalance point. Tire manufactures uses tire marks and some of them use a green label all depend the car manufacturer specifications.

Nice that you take the time and read Yokohama Tire mount and balancing document and more important that you understand it and make others aware of the procedure importance but, be aware that not all the tire manufactures use the same tire marking criteria especially the in balance mark.

If the letters are reasonably thin, not garish, and begging for attention, then I vote out. Then again, I started driving in the eighties, so I might be biased... or old-ish.

Nothing wrong on be a web wheeler as long you used on the positive way, learn from others and share your knowledge respectfully with others.
I'm actually a jeep wheeler to the point that the only and the most important pavement trips I do is to the Ice cream shop. But enjoy the wheel on the Web especially this forum and some Facebook groups every chance i have.

Now to the point.
I will like to add that the tire marks are intended to inform the first radial harmonic peak point and some imbalance point. Tire manufactures uses tire marks and some of them use a green label all depend the car manufacturer specifications.

Nice that you take the time and read Yokohama Tire mount and balancing document and more important that you understand it and make others aware of the procedure importance but, be aware that not all the tire manufactures use the same tire marking criteria especially the in balance mark.

Please edit your post. I was talking “dots” not markings. I work around tires Monday through Saturday. I see tons on tires, and of those tires, I see yellow dots on 85 percent of this tires.

“If you see any blue, green, purple, white, pink or orange dots, just ignore them. They are ``mystery'' dots and are there for factory purposes. Once the tire leaves the manufacturing plant, dots of those colors have no use.”

Atricle here-
https://www.tirebusiness.com/articl...color-coded-sidewall-markings-serve-a-purpose