White letters out or in?

Always out. I love the look of white letters. It’s ... not classic, but traditional I guess. I think it’s a solid aesthetic appeal that’s not overly obnoxious. The black letter out has turned into a trend almost. I actually bought a tire paint pen for my Toyo ATIIs on my truck .... never got around to painting the letters though LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mots
Please edit your post. I was talking “dots” not markings. I work around tires Monday through Saturday. I see tons on tires, and of those tires, I see yellow dots on 85 percent of this tires.

“If you see any blue, green, purple, white, pink or orange dots, just ignore them. They are ``mystery'' dots and are there for factory purposes. Once the tire leaves the manufacturing plant, dots of those colors have no use.”

Atricle here-
https://www.tirebusiness.com/articl...color-coded-sidewall-markings-serve-a-purpose

Hi @MallCrawlOnTons ,

It is no need to edit my post.

Since you are in the tire manufacturing business and saw Yellow dots chances are that you have saw other Marks and other colors in the Tire Plant.

The primary reason of the tire marking is indicate the (quality) downgrade reason and everyone have a meaning as the Yellow Dot you mention has. May no have any meaning after leave the plant but in the plant its has it and it is a very important one .

Tire marks consist of X amount of characters plus X amount of colors to be printed on the tire for the QC department to use.

Character + Color = Tire Mark

Each Tire mark must have a meaning, either it is for internal plant use or for product consumer use.

By example;
Tire mark Y = OEM
Tire mark Z = Replacement
Tire mark W= Scrap
and many more.

It is an interesting subject but a complicated one.

I do work for Micro-Poise, we not just have been design for the last 50+ years sell, install and service (highly calibrate) tire ride quality measurement equipment (non uniformity and balancing), We design, sell , install, service and integrate Tire Marking equipment for the 99% of the Tire manufacturers around the Globe. So I do know what I'm talking about.

May I do ask for which Tire manufacturer you work with?

Hi @MallCrawlOnTons ,

Since you are in the tire manufacturing business and saw Yellow dots chances are that you have saw other Marks and other colors in the Tire Plant.

The primary reason of the tire marking is indicate the (quality) downgrade reason and everyone have a meaning as the Yellow Dot you mention has. May no have any meaning after leave the plant but in the plant its has it and it is a very important one .

Tire marks consist of X amount of characters plus X amount of colors to be printed on the tire for the QC department to use.

Each Tire mark must have a meaning, either it is for internal plant use or for product consumer use.

By example;
Tire mark Y = OEM
Tire mark W= Scrap
and many more.

I do work for Micro-Poise, we not just have been design for the last 50+ years sell, install and service (highly calibrate) tire ride quality measurement equipment (non uniformity and balancing), We design, sell , install, service and integrate Tire Marking equipment for the 99% of the Tire manufacturers around the Globe. So I do know what I'm talking about.

I am not attacking you.
You asked what the yellow dot was for, yet have a clear understanding of what it is or isn’t. Seems like a troll. Speaking of, someone accused me of being a troll once with no evidence...anyways.
Tell quaratec to stop telling us Jeep owners foul info especially with Mickey Thompson tires.

Article is directed to the mtx but I don’t think Mickey Thompson has different mounting/balancing standards for each individual tire they sell. I could be wrong though. Only Mickey Thompson can tell us. If you have a big problem with my many articles, I will contact Mickey Thompson direct just to prove I am not a troll or starting fights on the forum. This is ridiculous.
Every post I make needs a lawyer to look over it.

Article- Mickey Thompson® is pleased to advise you that all Baja Radial MTX™ light truck tires will be identified with a yellow "match mounting mark" (yellow dot) on the sidewall (see Figure 1). The purpose of the match mounting mark is to provide an aid in matching these tires to a rim, when the tire is first mounted, to provide the best possible ride.

Link.
https://www.quadratec.com/jeep_knowledgebase/article-65.htm

Hi @MallCrawlOnTons ,

By example;
Tire mark Y = OEM
Tire mark W= Scrap
and many more.

And thanks for replying to my direct message(I’m being sarcastic) about this and instead cluttering up the thread.

Edit- added “I’m being”

Last edited:
OUT*

*if you're running double tube bumpers and the year is 1980
I am offended by this comment. Im taking my harbor freight tools and leaving. :pancarta:
1544972742217708518026204241063.jpg

Last edited:
I am offended by this comment. Im taking my harbor freight tools and leaving. :pancarta:
View attachment 68021
The only things missing on that pic are that the wheels need to be white with pinstripe in red and blue around the edge, the bumper needs to be chrome, and a worn out AC/DC cassette tape laying in the floor. Damn, I miss the eighties.

I have a theory that ones preference to white letters being “in” or “out” are age related. Younger guys being “in” and older guys being “out”.

Reactions: MrBClark