Who cleans / details their Jeep?

I rinse the mud and muck off after wheeling. I wax it ever now and then so the bug guts and mud come off easier. I keep an old paint brush on the dash for interior "detailing".

I’m not a superstitious person but I have a “thing” where I cannot take mine back out until I wash it. This gives me time to check on things that may have been damaged during the last run. Although there has been an occasional “holy $h!t I’m going out tomorrow and haven’t washed it since my last trip” quick wash here and there I usually try to wash it within a day of the last run.

I’m in the never clean camp here...I think I’ve washed it a couple times only in the winter to get road grime off. Literally have not cleaned the interior since buying it 4 years ago...and that includes driving it around New Mexico for two years with only a bikini top. Now I don’t drive around with a back window so driving out in the mountains on the dirt roads brings all the dirt inside....I like the multiple layers of dirt on the dashboard though, it allows me to doodle at stoplights.

And at first glance it may not seem to be a great vehicle for dates, it is a great quick way to find out if she indeed likes Jeeps :LOL:

The new JT, yes, but then it's still only 5 months old. The TJ, gets the dust sprayed off of it when I was the others, once a month gets soapy wash, once a yearish it may get vacuumed out. I do hit it every 6 months with some Griots spray wax. Really it doesn't get too much use, I'd say less than 100 miles a month
Yeah! I love the Griot’s ceramic spray wax. It’s so easy that it doesn’t seem like it would be very good, BUT IT IS! I use it on the TJ, my wife’s Highlander, my F-350 & our 38 foot long 5th wheel. That’s a lot of waxing, but this stuff makes it easier.
the instructions on the bottle say that for best results & added protection to apply a second coat 12-24 Hours after the first coat. This has worked very well for me.

My paint guy told me that black is the least expensive color to paint. Red shows everything too. I use red wax on mine. The PO let bug guts dry on the paint and they permanently damaged the paint. I got a quote of $600 to repaint the bad areas. Fenders, grille, hood, hood cowl and windshield frame. I thought about it, but the first time I leave the pavement or get too close to an 18 wheeler on the highway, the paint will get screwed up again. Not to mention my tires throw crap up too. It looks fine from 20' away. :)

View attachment 192386View attachment 192387
The best thing to remove bugs is the “Love Bug Eraser”. It’s only available online at www.lovebugeraser.com. There are no chemicals involved so it won’t take off the wax or damage the paint. It’s a square of some kind of synthetic material sort of like a very thin Scotch-Brite pad, but not nearly as rough or abrasive. You just dunk it in your bucket of soapy water & wash the bugs right off. I also got their kit which includes an attachment that goes on a threaded broom handle. The pad sticks to it like Velcro & I use it to clean the bugs off of the front cap of my 5th wheel. I don’t have any pics, but you can easily check it out on the website.

Fabric softener sheet works to remove bug splatter.

Damp it in water and just clean the front of your vehicle don’t let it sit as it dries up but instead just rinse it off

Mine has become almost exclusively an off-road Jeep. It generally sees 3 - 4 wheeling trips a year, so after each trip it gets the exterior washed and waxed, along with the interior deep cleaned. The bottom side gets pressure washed, then all damaged area are ground, repaired, and painted as needed. The frame and bottom side of the tub are rust treated and painted annually. Although it gets wheeled fairly hard, it generally looks like a pavement princess. It's a pain for sure, but I can't stand to work on something covered in mud or rust!

Reactions: LATJ
The best thing to remove bugs is the “Love Bug Eraser”. It’s only available online at www.lovebugeraser.com. There are no chemicals involved so it won’t take off the wax or damage the paint. It’s a square of some kind of synthetic material sort of like a very thin Scotch-Brite pad, but not nearly as rough or abrasive. You just dunk it in your bucket of soapy water & wash the bugs right off. I also got their kit which includes an attachment that goes on a threaded broom handle. The pad sticks to it like Velcro & I use it to clean the bugs off of the front cap of my 5th wheel. I don’t have any pics, but you can easily check it out on the website.
Thanks, but it's too late for mine. The PO did a lot of highway driving in TX and didn't wipe them off. The dried guts ruined the paint just like letting an egg dry on it.
Rubi paint1.jpg
Rubi paint.jpg

My son does, because he's the one who drives it though mud. And still I eat a 1/4 lb of dirt every time I'm under it...

I do intend to clay bar and wax mine soon though, it sat out under trees for many years and the paint could use the help.

Fabric softener sheet works to remove bug splatter.

Damp it in water and just clean the front of your vehicle don’t let it sit as it dries up but instead just rinse it off

x2. Always keep a box of dryer sheets on the motorcycle on road trips.

Mother Nature and an air compressor. If it’s windy enough, I forego the air compressor.

All slow and no show

I do. Complete paint correction. Very worth it but time consuming, keeps the paint mint.

This is from earlier today, not a Jeep (you can see the LJ in the background) but 2008 X3 with 167k on the clock. Daily driver and winter warrior on the East Coast. Nice and salty roads here in the winter!

This thing left me stranded a couple of times and every time when help stopped or the tow guy arrived comments such as “that’s what warranty is for” or “new cars break down easy now” was said.

This below has a hybrid ceramic coating applied to it first time I’ve tried that so curious to see how it holds. I usually clay, compound, polish and wax in the spring. In the fall it’s usually just a polish and wax. Regular washes in between.

View attachment 192637

ASSWIPES !! ..........there is no warranty @ 167,000 miles & it's not "NEW" it's 12 YRS old
hooo dun did dat der maathe ? BIDEN ? :) Figures ............. CLUELESS !!!

LQQKS great ! (y)