Who has made a wall decoration out of a Jeep TJ grille?

Shipping has gone bat shit crazy, I'm trying to ship rear fender liners to a forum member, they weigh all of five pounds and I have been quoted as much as $127 :oops: :oops: :oops:

It could probably be shipped pretty easily. Idk how hard the chrome shells are to find, so I figured I'd throw it out there for anyone interested.
I make rustic American Flags from wood strips. I had someone who wanted one shipped to NC. It was about $85 and about the same size as a Jeep grill overlay.

I keep wanting to pick one up and when I finally do I’ll rig up some LEDs in it in a cool pattern to evenly light behind it since I’m a nerd.

Haven’t decided yet so it’s just kinda there!! Love some of these ideas, kinda kicking around idea of using “messenger boy” bench frame legs from daddy’s old Western Union office with grill for back. That sit in front of shop but don’t tell Cindy, I’ll just surprise her with it!!!

image.jpg

I've got a bunch (CJ7, Jeepster Commando, CJ3b) hanging outside of my workshop although they're there more to store them out of the way than for wall decoration.

View attachment 193198

A real grille is so heavy and thick to put on the wall as a decoration so I was thinking maybe the fiberglass JL-style TJ grille overlay I did earlier this year would make a good wall hanging...

View attachment 193199

I don't have but one that I did anything with... All the others are stock for now.

Being from Colorado I painted a Colorado flag on a CJ grille that I will be giving away tomorrow for the BFH Garage youtube channel. The second pic is what I started with... It gets worse. I told my wife I'm an art collector 😂

View attachment 193200

View attachment 193201
Looks great! Love it! 😎🤙🏽

Reactions: hosejockey61
Old thread but I started it so now I'm bringing it back to life. I cant believe how long it's been since I got this grill. Lots of projects since then. I finally found a good deal on headlight buckets so I installed them with stock TJ headlights . I wired them in series to a 12 volt battery. Wiring in series lowers the energy usage of the lights but more importantly the light output. I dont want the lights blinding anyone. It turns out it's the perfect amount of light even at night. Once I figure out where I will hang it I will re-purpose a transformer for a more permanent power source.

IMG_9267.JPG

Last edited:
I thought about slimming mine down as well, but it's becoming harder to find good grills. The aftermarket doesn't make them, so you have to source them used. I've already replaced one. Oh crap, I just realized I have a third red one that's beat up. I really do have a problem! :oops:

I needed a new one, and they are indeed hard to come by in good condition. I responded to a bunch of ads where they were all torqued in some way. And still asking $200+. Please don't destroy a good one.