Who has the best TJ?

Not the best but the best for me.

20200916_110856.jpg

Here’s my ‘06 that I’ve only owned for 2 weeks. It’s great except for those awful 3.07 gears. After regearing she will be closer to perfect. It’s running on12.50/33 tires & has the 4.0 liter I6 with the 6 speed manual transmission. What do y’all think? 4.11 gears?

B6A0ABCE-C64C-41FB-A8A9-A9C86F724967.jpeg

Here’s my ‘06 that I’ve only owned for 2 weeks. It’s great except for those awful 3.07 gears. After regearing she will be closer to perfect. It’s running on12.50/33 tires & has the 4.0 liter I6 with the 6 speed manual transmission. What do y’all think? 4.11 gears?

View attachment 193537
No way. 456 if 33 is your final tire size. I remember the downshifting from 6th to 5th as I hunted for gears on the highway. 456 is a dream with that engine/transmission/tire size.

Reactions: John Cooper
Here are my current two. You’re looking at a total purchase price of $4500 for the both of them! Elbow grease and a few little things got them to this point but the checkbook will soon open and mods will come.

This thread validates how diverse the TJ/LJ can be, while still being beautiful!

Reactions: DrDmoney
DrDmonet - Could you tell us about your hood vents and how they are working?
Well they’re German engineered 😉 (BMW grill inserts). The passenger side is a cold air intake and the driver side lets heat out. Under hood temps are noticeably lowered.

Reactions: Zorba and 5632
Hmmm - what year/model BMW? Most of the hood vents I see look like Bubba installed them while drinking a six pack in the back 40 - these look nice...

Reactions: 5632
Well to be honest they’re is a ton of science involved in locating the optimal position - flip your hood up and where the windshield header hits is about center. 😉

I wonder how AEV came up with the same spot?