Who in here likes to hunt?

Agreed, I am not a hunter (just no interest) but I am not about to chime in with a counter point when not asked. I still enjoy this thread for the sake of seeing everyone's interest and pasion on the topic. Now we need a dedicated fishing thread!
mitch-hedberg-quote-lby6f3k.jpg

Agreed, I am not a hunter (just no interest) but I am not about to chime in with a counter point when not asked. I still enjoy this thread for the sake of seeing everyone's interest and pasion on the topic. Now we need a dedicated fishing thread!
Let's do it!

Anyone good with pricing used bows? I think I'm going to move on from my Mathews Heli-m to a longer ATA bow. I was going to put $600 on it; rest/quiver/HHA sight/arrows etc., ready to hit the woods.
I'd ask my bow hunting forum, but everyone wants to be an expert and answers go all over the place.

Anyone good with pricing used bows? I think I'm going to move on from my Mathews Heli-m to a longer ATA bow. I was going to put $600 on it; rest/quiver/HHA sight/arrows etc., ready to hit the woods.
I'd ask my bow hunting forum, but everyone wants to be an expert and answers go all over the place.
I had a PSE many moons ago. I really liked that bow, took several bucks and a pig with it. A friend of mine picked up a Mathews (not sure which one) last year, he is pretty happy with it. I was out of the bow hunting circle for awhile after my two shoulder surgeries. Then found out last year here in California , if your surgeon fills out a Fish and Game form you can use a crossbow during archery season, never thought that would ever happen. I now have a Raven Crossbow. I hear good things about the Mathews compound bow.

Reactions: Thunderhead
I had a PSE many moons ago. I really liked that bow, took several bucks and a pig with it. A friend of mine picked up a Mathews (not sure which one) last year, he is pretty happy with it. I was out of the bow hunting circle for awhile after my two shoulder surgeries. Then found out last year here in California , if your surgeon fills out a Fish and Game form you can use a crossbow during archery season, never thought that would ever happen. I now have a Raven Crossbow. I hear good things about the Mathews compound bow.
My neighbor has a ravin and it’s insane, I was shooting it at 100yards with ease. I like my bow though, it’s just fun to me. We can use an Xbow without any special permits in TN, some are annoyed by it, but if it gets more people to enjoy/contribute to conservation, do what you can.
I don’t hunt with rifles, shot gun for turkey, but that’s about all, terrain is part of the reason, I quite enjoy the thrill of having deer within 30 yards.
I used to shoot PSE bows, I scored this Mathews for a heck of deal about 5 years ago and have loved it, if it doesn’t sell, I’ll probably keep it. There has been a few for sale on the forum for $550-650, so I think I’m in the right price point. On the other side, the bow I want is about $900 bare, damn things are expensive.

No. I haven’t since moving to CA. Always assumed hunting wasn’t viable in this state.

No. I haven’t since moving to CA. Always assumed hunting wasn’t viable in this state.
California Department of Fish & Game, now Department of Fish and Wildlife comes out with the "Big Game Hunting Digest" every year where you can put in for a draw for Elk, Antelope, Deer, Pigs etc. The Digest is in paper form from DFW or you can go on line at the California Department of Fish and Wildlife home page It's too late for the draw this year because you had to have your paper work turned in by June 2 for the draw.

California Department of Fish & Game, now Department of Fish and Wildlife comes out with the "Big Game Hunting Digest" every year where you can put in for a draw for Elk, Antelope, Deer, Pigs etc. The Digest is in paper form from DFW or you can go on line at the California Department of Fish and Wildlife home page It's too late for the draw this year because you had to have your paper work turned in by June 2 for the draw.
Thank you. I will read up

Pig hunting on public land in California.View attachment 170882
WOw awesome!! I lived in Central Coast area when I was in school and always wanted to get on a pig hunt there but not much public land around that area unfortunately. I did eventually get to hunt pigs with dogs + very large knife in Hawaii, wow now that is an amazing thing. It really mutes many other hunting methods, the bond with the dogs is so primal also. I LOVES pork.