Who in here likes to hunt?

It's nice that you can have feeders. We can't have feeders on the ranch here, it's against the law in California. We are getting more bears on the ranch and we can hunt them. Mountain lions we can't hunt, because the are protected by law (crazy) there are too many of them here. Got my Blacktail Buck about 3 weeks ago, now my wife is looking for her's. We keep getting trees falling across the roads and seems like we spend more time cutting trees then hunting.
Our season starts in November

It's nice that you can have feeders. We can't have feeders on the ranch here, it's against the law in California. We are getting more bears on the ranch and we can hunt them. Mountain lions we can't hunt, because the are protected by law (crazy) there are too many of them here. Got my Blacktail Buck about 3 weeks ago, now my wife is looking for her's. We keep getting trees falling across the roads and seems like we spend more time cutting trees then hunting.
If you look closely at the pic of the feeder, you can see my blind in the background. it sits on a cliff overlooking 3 clearings

Gotta smoke some of those bruins. PM if you need help 😁

19 days and I am Idaho bound. Gettin antsy 😁

27 days until our opener, I have no good bucks on camera but I also didn’t put any effort getting them out. Quite frankly, it’s still so warm the first few weeks of the season it’s not as exciting as it should be.

27 days until our opener, I have no good bucks on camera but I also didn’t put any effort getting them out. Quite frankly, it’s still so warm the first few weeks of the season it’s not as exciting as it should be.
It is kinda hard to see Bucks on your trail camera if you don't put them out. :)

It is kinda hard to see Bucks on your trail camera if you don't put them out. :)
This is true, this was the only buck shot I got, I’ve since moved it off the main trail.
442FDD44-B1F1-4596-85BE-9C82A264E853.jpeg

Also have an old fat doe running around. She looks pregnant but there’s no way she could still be carrying and healthy.
5AF359C8-1CB1-4421-ADA3-DCBA31FBDE35.jpeg

Reactions: Scott B.
I put two out way too late and in crap spots, oh well, I’ll have to do it the old fashioned way use fieldcraft to get them.

I'll let you know if I do. I have 2 on my trail camera next to my blind. One Bear bumped into the blind.
Exciting for Idaho. I've hunted there several times. Going for both deer and elk?
Archery elk. No deer unless I can stick a nice one. Kinda saving the deer tag for when I take my daughter in October for rifle season.

Reactions: lowranger
Seen a couple bears, lots of bears on trail cameras.
Took 2 bucks. Nothing big, but freezer will be full. Not many opportunities with bucks this year. I just seemed to be very lucky with the 2 I ran into.

View attachment 113012View attachment 113013
Well Congratulations!! You can't beat that!! Especially on "Public" land. I guess you're tagged out for Deer for California this year.