Who's gonna be first on the new Dana 44 full float axle swap?

Looks like this will be a 5 lug design vs the typical 8 lug - no idea of BC. Likely far lighter as well. As the towing capacity isn’t massively improved.
1680741659161.png

Looks like this will be a 5 lug design vs the typical 8 lug - no idea of BC. Likely far lighter as well. As the towing capacity isn’t massively improved.
View attachment 413637

3000 to 5000 is an almost 67 percent improvement.

Most of this is being done to best the Bronco's tow rating.

There are a few kits out there now to convert D44s to full float. I don't think they're that popular.

I will say it was super easy to pull my Sterling 10.5 axles to regear my truck...just undid the bolts and pulled the axles...wheels, brakes... everything still on the truck. So if nothing else this should make trail repairs that much easier.

-Mac

3000 to 5000 is an almost 67 percent improvement.

Most of this is being done to best the Bronco's tow rating.

There are a few kits out there now to convert D44s to full float. I don't think they're that popular.

I will say it was super easy to pull my Sterling 10.5 axles to regear my truck...just undid the bolts and pulled the axles...wheels, brakes... everything still on the truck. So if nothing else this should make trail repairs that much easier.

-Mac

When Warn offered them I knew a few people running them. Having hubs in the rear made flat towing really easy & if you had a locker and broke a shaft all you had to do was pull the shaft and drive out.
I had the Warn FF kit on my Dana 35 and even though it was still only a 27 spline I never broke a shaft with 35" tires.

1680748515495.png

Couple of the guys I used to work with who knew what hubs were would unlock one as a joke sometimes.

I had the Warn small hub kit both front and rear.