Why complex computers in cars make me uneasy

I tried to trade in my Renegade after 3 months at 1,400 miles and the depreciation is 700%.
My '05 Sport 4.0L Dana 44 manual trans went up in value and keeps on climbing up.

My advice to my fellow TJ owners here, do not buy a Renegade for your teenage daughter. You will loose your TJ at the end.

Reactions: Chris and Kiwi TJ
Its a shame they cant do a stripped down version of the new JK or JL.....lose most of the computers and sensors...I know financially they wouldn't do it.
* I still wouldn't buy one just because of the shape etc.....but it would make working on them soooo much easier.
Even if they strip down, the shape, wide body, etc. anyways still does not look good.
err.... we are still talking about the JK drivers, right?

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
the shape, wide body, etc. anyways still does not look good
I kinda like the JK 2 door. And I only dislike the JKU because it is too much crammed into too short wheelbase. This I could like... if they added 3" to the rear doors, backseat legroom.

For me the choice is 2 door 2 seat CJ, YJ, TJ, Mustang or, Suburban. Anything in between is a compromise.

gallery-1426781168-cn015-027jp7h000992gm7sq1j1u6lsvbg9ck.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris and UpperMI
Its a shame they cant do a stripped down version of the new JK or JL.....lose most of the computers and sensors...I know financially they wouldn't do it.
* I still wouldn't buy one just because of the shape etc.....but it would make working on them soooo much easier.
Yea they offer it on the Challengers , come
On Mopar do a Wrangler.

In all honesty, it would prob be cheaper to build a YJ or TJ into a dedicted trail rig over a stipped down JK or JL.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
My msrp of $53K ford explorer, leaks at the seam sealer on the roof (very common), mysync computer system is horrific, gps tries to put me on a parallel road next to where I am....now the wifes 2016 benz is going in as the computer system is going into anti-theft mode and totally locking up the computer, no radio, gps or anything......god I love the dials and levers of the TJ!

Dodge, Chevrolet, and Ford all offer stripped down versions of their flagship cars offered in various states of build.

But all of them without VIN’s with the idea they are not meant for the road or to ever be street legal.

Factory interior of the Dodge Challenger Drag Pak back from 2016
F2EF2248-8C2A-497C-9EA4-732A888BA881.jpeg

Chevrolet offers this with no VIN as well
https://www.gmperformancemotor.com/parts/19243374.html
64FE63F5-14DF-48BF-AAEE-B73023D10402.png

Reactions: Chris
god I love the dials and levers of the TJ!
th?id=OIP.khrqZsP3hYOV4YqBSO1ueAHaEj&pid=15.jpg
th?id=OIP.KdWBpXSkeLYrYm5JKBOBlQHaFj&pid=15.jpg

Future Korean Jeep Wrangler...........................................Current Jeep Wrangler TJ

the government safety plans to get rid of the dash screen infotainment because according to DMV study they are not safe and will destruct drivers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris