Why do you drive a TJ?

Seriously ...

I grew up around Jeep. Real Jeep's. Dad, uncles, their friends...etc all ran Willys. Half cabs, canvas cabs, no cabs,
no passenger wiper, manual passenger wiper, don't exceed 45 mph...
Including AMC...Jeeps broke down a lot...weren't fast, primitive interiors, noisy, ignorantly cold in the winter, you have to use 4wd in any snow storm..
All that jazz.
But there was something cool about that. Other vehicles would be labeled junk. The Jeep,
well....it's a Jeep. Could take them everywhere. Woods? No worries. That's it's bread and butter.Snow..no problem. Summer..topless/doorless
Willys and CJ's were like rock stars. Alcoholic and coke addict
rock stars. In other words far from perfect but everyone loved them. Boys and men to women and girls. They all loved them.
As a side note how couldn't you love AMC. Wayne Campbell knew. He knew!!!!

The TJ is the closest thing to the the original rock stars. Negligible size increase. Still slow and noisy...primitive as far as newer automobiles...for as close as they still emulate the original a few changes were resoundingly welcomed.
Not cold anymore !!!!
The heater and addition of ducting in a TJ will roast you.
The suspension. Major improvement over it's brethren from Toledo yet still very simple. We should all applaud whomever is responsible for resisting a trend that seen every 1/2 ton and lighter vehicle install independent front suspensions.

The TJ is not a lot of things for sure but it's absolutely perfect to me!!

Last edited:
Great jeeping with u and Steve!! Glad u made it home and just to rub it in we had a great time on poison spider and the 2 Other trails.
Thx Rob! Next time we will have a better plan for all arriving together, staying together, trailing together etc...
It was great meeting you & Toni. Hope to see you down the trail 😎🇺🇸

Read where gas is headed to $4 or more this year resulting from relying once again on imported oil. So, I looked into the 4xe universe. Thought I'd post something regarding the newest Jeep platform. https://www.4xeforums.com/threads/issues-with-new-4xe.127/
Jeep Platform.jpg

Sure looked good on paper. ..... My Tj's gonna be around awhile. One post over there claimed 14-16mpg. I guess this one does much better as long as it stays on the trailer.....$65,000 will buy us TJ-ers a lot of gas and trail time......Sad.

Reactions: John Cooper