Why do you drive a TJ?

In high school. 2 of my friends had TJs, 1 had a YJ, and 1 had a CJ. I've loved them all ever since. My previous car was (still is) a 2009 Mini Cooper S which is the most overengineered and problematic vehicle I've ever owned.

I wanted something that was opposite the Mini: Easy to work on, reliable, capable from winter to summer, and a huge amount of fun. The only reason I didn't look at prior generations was for the child seat LATCH system found in the 2003+ TJs. My 2005 fit the bill perfectly, and even though I've had to do a mountain of work on it, I wouldn't trade it for anything right now.

They’re unique yet general purpose. Ride rough & leak but god I love the feeling. Wether parallel parking downtown or cruising the river. Nothing like a TJ with the right balance of infatuation ,frustration ,& obsession. Like being in love with the same person for 30 years. Haha

Recently, I sold a "69 Camaro that had been with me for more than 30 years. When it was gone there was no remorse on my end, because the speed thing was something that I grew out of. As for the TJ/LJ, I'm confident I'll never grow old of the feeling that comes over me every time I get behind the wheel of a '97 - '06 Wrangler. Maybe it's an age thing, but "slow and go" beats "fast and furious" in my book of life now!

I have built/owned several fast cars including a 700+ hp Skyline and have driven WAY faster than anybody ever should. I've never been more scared than when I was going 1/2 mph on a narrow off camber trail along the edge of a cliff in my TJ.

I have built/owned several fast cars including a 700+ hp Skyline and have driven WAY faster than anybody ever should. I've never been more scared than when I was going 1/2 mph on a narrow off camber trail along the edge of a cliff in my TJ.
R35 or illegal earlier Paul Walker right hand drive?

I’ve always wanted a Jeep. I test drove a brand new one back in 1998 but couldn’t afford it. Bought a Honda Civic instead so I could pay it off quickly and haul kids around. Now I finally have my 1998 Flaming Red stock TJ with manual transmission that I couldn’t afford 23 years ago, and enough money socked away to fix it up and make it mine. It was love at first sight.

Because of this Jeep catalog photo circa 1996...
8A54D5EE-E855-4559-94CD-B32AF299664E.jpeg

404C121B-CA27-4FF8-9D8E-CB2525778ED9.jpeg

When my parents asked what car i wanted for high school graduation, I said "the one in the picture".😎

I have always loved them, in 2012 I bought a new JKU as my DD paid it off then traded it in on my wife's C300 benz. Regretted it almost immediately but was not going to pony up for a brand new one when I already had 2 toy cars. Stumbled on this forum and found an 05. I should have spent more time on this forum before I bought, I would have held out for a Rubicon. At least I stuck to my guns on the half doors!

I got my 05' TJ as my first car, and I can't help but being happy whenever I'm in it. I can't wait to save up money time and time again, and make my TJ the way I want it to be!