Why do you own a TJ?

A perfect CJ2/3/5/6 sells for $10K more than a good used TJ.
And a TJ might be easier to keep running if you drive it 25K miles a year...
But a JK??? Is that even a Wrangler?

I own a TJ because I entered a $2 raffle and won a new 2003 X, with a laundry list of mods and extra essentials for camping.
Other than that, I'd still be modding my old '73 FJ-40, '63 FJ-45 P/U and my '43 GPW.

Reactions: Brinta and reddvltj
Not so funny story but, my first jeep went away because of my first wife and second wife caused me to get rid of my second!!! Now that I have TJ #3, not gettin' married again!!!!!

My old beloved CJ5 went away because of my ex's constant "we need something bigger because of the kids" and she didn't want me to spend the money needed to make the needed repairs. But she was good with the payments for a new F-150 Supercab.

My wife now wants a Jeep of her own.

Reactions: reddvltj
My old beloved CJ5 went away because of my ex's constant "we need something bigger because of the kids" and she didn't want me to spend the money needed to make the needed repairs. But she was good with the payments for a new F-150 Supercab.

My wife now wants a Jeep of her own.
Sounds like you found a good one this time🤞. Hopefully anyway. I met my first wife in a 4wd club, and she had her own Jeep, a CJ5....

Reactions: Willys LJ
Not so funny story but, my first jeep went away because of my first wife and second wife caused me to get rid of my second!!! Now that I have TJ #3, not gettin' married again!!!!!
devorse selfie.jpeg

• Love
Well worth it! I would not have a Jeep if I was still married.

In 15 years of marriage I bought my ex 5 new cars, she was one of those ‘must have a new one every few years’ people, so foreign to my way of thinking. If I was still caught up in that cycle I most certainly would’ve never rounded the bases to the conclusion a Jeep was in my game plan, woulda just stayed too busy trying to keep up with that other bullshit. Gone 8 years now & all I’ve done was replace my 10 year old Accord that I passed down to my daughter with a new (in 2014) Subaru and then added the TJ in 2016; by my standards the Subie will be with me another 5 years & the TJ indefinitely, so the moral of my story is I’m waaaaaaaay ahead of the game on automotive related expenditures in this post-apocalyptic but wonderful world.

Now that I think about it, it seems mandatory that I add a new built-to-order set of Rock Jock 44s to the TJ 😁

Rock Jock.jpeg

Couple of reasons.

1. The look. To me, the TJ is what a Jeep Wrangler is supposed to look like. It's not too boxy, it's got some round parts, has the iconic grill and headlights...

2. Extremely capable while still being mostly mechanical. Much moreso than the following JK. It's relatively easy to work on (like the starter, easy to replace) and parts are pretty cheap.

I've always been into Jeeps. Ended up buying an old XJ for my first vehicle as the price of entry was lower than a Wrangler of comparable age, mileage and condition. I had a great experience with that 4.0L so when I went looking for a weekend toy this time around I knew I wanted the same motor. That narrowed it down to YJ or TJ. Since the TJ was the current generation when I started driving it has always been what I think of when I think of Jeeps. I ended up finding a nice Rubicon during my search, and that's what I went with.

Reactions: RussTJ
Just got married and my wife said it was the only vehicle she would ever consider keeping forever because it had street cred and would still look cool 10+ years from now.

She wasn't wrong.

We bought the cheapest one brand new on the lot and still have it to this day. My wife wants our daughter to have it when she is old enough, I'm in the process fighting that decision unless I can get my muscle car.