Why do you own a Wrangler?

View attachment 7897 Why ? so 200K miles on my '05. It tows 2000# almost daily. I rarely get passed in the mountains. And only on the uphill grades when 4000rpm in 4th gear is all I've got. Honestly? I've never owned a better vehicle. For comfort or mechanical reliabilty. Absolutely the best. Hauls me, the wife, the dog.... and carries my tools inna trailer plus ladders on the roof. I consider a JK sometimes but the TJ rules.
I have looked at the 07 and up. But I have a hard time buying something that is now owned by Fiat. Just don't know.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Lots more to it than it looks the same. Check out a Dodge 2500 pickup. The base 2500 tows way more than the 2500 Power Wagon. The Dodge 1500 can be equipped to tow more than a Power Wagon. Wranglers are built to articulate. Libertys, NO.

That said.... undoubtably a lot of tow ratings is marketing.

I have looked at the 07 and up. But I have a hard time buying something that is now owned by Fiat. Just don't know.

Chrysler has had many masters.... Jeep has had many more. Ridiculous to pick yer wheels based on "who owns" them. Today with globalization? I doubt anything is what you think is.

Reactions: JBell
Chrysler has had many masters.... Jeep has had many more. Ridiculous to pick yer wheels based on "who owns" them. Today with globalization? I doubt anything is what you think is.
No. But I know Jeep has been pretty much the same and rock solid like the 4.o until 07 then all kinds of changes like the 3.8 v6. I just don't think they are as well built. I could be wrong. There are a l out t out there.

Ya gotta look at sales. the JK/JKU is out selling all previous Wrangler, CJs.

'06 TJ... 80K
'15 JK... 202K

Which explains why the replacement is so long coming. The last thing a manufacturer wants is to disrupt sales growth. Which for the JK/JKU is still growing.

But I agree.... I think the TJ is only a bit better than the CJ.

Last edited:
Reactions: JBell
Ya gotta look at sales. the JK/JKU is out selling all previous Wrangler, CJs.

'06 TJ... 80K
'15 JK... 202K

Which explains why the replacement is so long coming. The last thing a manufacturer wants is to disrupt sales growth. Which for the JK/JKU is still growing.

But I agree.... I think the TJ is only a bit better than the CJ.

Which is exactly why the TJ is better!! There's too many mall crawlers out there. You could open up the hood of one of them and ask the driver "What is that?" "What does that do?" and they would be perplexed.

Which is exactly why the TJ is better!! There's too many mall crawlers out there. You could open up the hood of one of them and ask the driver "What is that?" "What does that do?" and they would be perplexed.
I find the tj to be the last "real jeep", the jk's just strayed away from the roots and origins of what a jeep is supposed to be. (Added electrical systems, 4 doors, etc...)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I find the tj to be the last "real jeep", the jk's just strayed away from the roots and origins of what a jeep is supposed to be. (Added electrical systems, 4 doors, etc...)

Couldn't agree more. I understand of course why Jeep had to diversify - you gotta pay the bills.

But I am perfectly happy with keeping my TJ for the rest of my life. I can replace my tail light bulb by taking out four screws. I can easily see almost every engine component; I don't have to take off a plastic cover of some kind just to get to something under the hood. Everything in the dash either comes out with a screw that can easily be found, or pops off. I have A/C, a rear window wiper, and a radio; hardly anything compared to a 8" touchscreen display or "auto adjusting cabin air conditioning".

blue9.jpg
Hopefully the JK/JKU has created a void. Hopefully someone brings back the Samuri.

Reactions: Chris and Kyle_W
I started Jeeping with a CJ2 that my dad bought in the early 1960's and graduated to a 1963 CJ5 with a four banger and an overdrive that never got used because the old four just didn't have enough power. My next is a 1980 CJ5 that I have installed lockers in both axles, Terra-low gears in the D300 transfer and am planning to fuel inject the 4.2L six. I bought my TJ Rubicon a couple of months ago because of the creature comforts such as hard top and air conditioning. My wife and I have both learned to love it and although I'll never get rid of my CJ's, the TJ has become our favorite. It's just a sexy, fun vehicle.

"If you ever break down, no matter where you are, the longest itll take is 15 minutes before another jeep pulls over to help you"

In Detroit every August we have this thing called the Woodward Dream Cruise - 6 lanes, 20 miles round trip, of every car imaginable causing Woodward Ave. between downtown Pontiac and the northern Detroit city limits.

Last year I'm sitting in the back of my Jeep watching the cars go by and a lady comes by and asks if I'd mind giving her husband's car a jump. She said he told her "Go ask the guy in the Jeep. They'll help anybody."

In Detroit every August we have this thing called the Woodward Dream Cruise - 6 lanes, 20 miles round trip, of every car imaginable causing Woodward Ave. between downtown Pontiac and the northern Detroit city limits.

Last year I'm sitting in the back of my Jeep watching the cars go by and a lady comes by and asks if I'd mind giving her husband's car a jump. She said he told her "Go ask the guy in the Jeep. They'll help anybody."
The dream cruise is awesome, been there once before! And right on!

So guilty of this. Sometimes I walk out into the garage at night just to look at it!

Hahahaha I don't blame you at all! That's hysterical.

When I'm coming home in my work van, I slow down on the approach to the driveway just to look at my Jeep..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahahaha I don't blame you at all! That's hysterical.

When I'm coming home in my work van, I slow down on the approach to the driveway just to look at my Jeep..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, I look at mine from different angles. I never get tired of it either, it's great!

Reactions: Kyle_W
haha....yes guilty too. I normally give it a pat on the bonnet as lock it away in the garage <——( said in a whisper)

Reactions: Kyle_W and Chris