Wildlife

Cougars in heat scare the crap outta' me. That yowl they make stands the hair on the back of my neck up, just thinking about it.

I remember hiking in the Marble Mountains and hearing those screams. Scared the living crap out of me!

Reactions: StG58
I hate the wolf population in Michigan (for selfish reasons). I used to see so many more deer before the Michigan department of natural resources reintroduced wolves in the 90’s. Once the packs got established, the deer herd numbers went south. And my deer hunt got a whole lot harder.

I hate the wolf population in Michigan (for selfish reasons). I used to see so many more deer before the Michigan department of natural resources reintroduced wolves in the 90’s. Once the packs got established, the deer herd numbers went south. And my deer hunt got a whole lot harder.
If hunting was easy, it'd be called shopping.

On the other hand, it would be nice to not have to worry about hitting a deer with a forklift. This is the third year in a row where the local doe has had twins where both survived. They will walk right in front of the forklift without even flinching.

If hunting was easy, it'd be called shopping.

On the other hand, it would be nice to not have to worry about hitting a deer with a forklift. This is the third year in a row where the local doe has had twins where both survived. They will walk right in front of the forklift without even flinching.

So that's my problem. I need to hunt with a fork lift. I wonder if Hyster will take a 308 Remington Model 7 on trade in?

Reactions: StG58 and Squatch
Well, it seems that ODFW caught a pair of grey wolves on camera on Mt. Hood, in the White River drainage and over on the Warm Springs Indian Reservation. They are acting all surprised and stuff. Lots of snowflakes from Portland like to wander through the woods out that way on the weekends, so this aughta' be entertaining. Dogs and kids and snowflakes running amok in the woods.

Well, it seems that ODFW caught a pair of grey wolves on camera on Mt. Hood, in the White River drainage and over on the Warm Springs Indian Reservation. They are acting all surprised and stuff. Lots of snowflakes from Portland like to wander through the woods out that way on the weekends, so this aughta' be entertaining. Dogs and kids and snowflakes running amok in the woods.
This will be entertaining. We'll see who's dog they catch and eat first. See what they think about the wolves then. :)