Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

The media blasting material I ordered from HD shipped through FedEx took 4 days to make it out of Wyoming. And 20 days to make it from Montana to California. I'm sure the cold weather isn't helping.
Screenshot_20210218-193601_Chrome.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Vasq and Wildman
Holly Shit 20 DAYS??? That is frickin crazy. I can understand getting a load across WY during the winter can be sketchy. I've driven across WY before when the freeway closed right behind me.

WY is the only place that I know of that has a McDonalds that has a drive-thru window for semis. They have a window high enough for them to hand your food right to you and the lane is made so you can get your tractor & trailer thru.

Holly Shit 20 DAYS??? That is frickin crazy. I can understand getting a load across WY during the winter can be sketchy. I've driven across WY before when the freeway closed right behind me.

WY is the only place that I know of that has a McDonalds that has a drive-thru window for semis. They have a window high enough for them to hand your food right to you and the lane is made so you can get your tractor & trailer thru.
When you take a package 9 miles back and forth 3 times it takes a bit longer than normal. Closely look at the 4th through the 6th 🤣.

I'm not lucky lately, the hose I ordered from PSC hasn't even shipped yet due to the blackouts in TX and the savvy tailgate skin/vanity I'm waiting on to start paintimg is likely still sitting on the self while they look over the KOH damage. The phrase under my name tag never felt so fitting.

I've been fairly lucky and to be honest I have a lot I can do before I need parts pretty much.

I had issues with my local UPS people becasue they wouldn't drive down my road when it had snowed. Had more than one package that I had to go get because they kept saying they couldn't deliver it.

I've been sick all week so I haven't gotten anything done.

Fed ex is on my shit list too. Getting my gas tank skid was insane. They were supposed to deliver on a Friday, but the fuckers never dropped it of. So Saturday, they come by and don't leave it, because of a signature requirement. They update their tracking to Tuesday as the next business day, so my wife and I try to figure out who got to be home to accept it. Sunday, they dropped it off... No delivery update, no notice, just showed up.

Yesterday my coatings from KBS were supposed to be delivered. I noticed that the address they were going to was wrong. I checked my order and it was correct, so they (FedEx) changed the damn address! I called FedEx... Couldn't do so anything, cuz I'm not the shipper. I called KBS, they called FedEx and said they got it changed and delivery would be today. Got a notice at lunch that me package has been delivered... Guess where it went? Yeah, the wrong address. Luckily that house is only a few blocks away and it's a rental that is unoccupied. I ran over there and grabbed it.

Fed Ex is worse than USPS lately.

• Wow
Reactions: Wildman
I'm surprised they are going to deliver this stuff today. The last 3 packages I've had from FedEx that this happened with the revised delivery date would be a week later. So I'm not gunna hold my breath that this arrives today. If it does great.

Had FedEx drop off a box from Chewy but I hadn't ordered anything from Chewy. Then 20 minutes later they come back by and drop off the correct package and then are asking me if I know where the address from Chewy is? So I show them where to look.
I have less trouble with USPS lately.

Well the boxes arrived at the Union Gap, WA location and are suppose to be on the truck out for delivery.

My other FedEx story was back when I'd first built the TJ and was waiting for my driveshafts to arrive. They were scheduled to arrive on Friday and I was out in the garage working on things when my lights went out and I lost power. So I couldn't check to see what was going on with my delivery. So no driveshafts on Friday or Saturday so I was sitting around cussing out FedEx for not delivering my stuff.
Then come to find out the reason I'd lost power was that a FedEx truck had ran into a power pole out on the main road!!! They'd knocked the power pole down which is what killed my power for about 8 hours. So they'd taken all the items on that truck back to Union Gap, WA and then sent everything out on Monday....
You can't make shit like this up.....

WHOOT WHOOT FedEx finally showed up....

Okay EVERYONE stand by for me to not follow my "I LOVE STEEL" and actually go with aluminum.....

Since Jeff @NashvilleTJ had to go to a 8 lug bolt pattern for his 14B swap I bought his old rims from him. The KEWL part is the outer rings are already broke in for me so I won't be crying when I rub them on some rocks..

20210219_164358.jpg

20210219_164405.jpg

And my track width will be 2" wider with these spacers that Jeff included with the deal.

20210219_164412.jpg

So I now have 5 Spyder Lock rims sitting in my living room.

20210219_164638.jpg

Next on the list is to figure out what tires I now want to run. I've only been able to get TSL Super Swamper in the 16.5" rims but with 17" rims it opens up a whole new realm of options.

I'll post later what tires I'm looking at.

So I worked on the front some more today and am getting closer to having the steering and trackbar figured out. Tacked the TB bracket in it's new position.

20210219_142257.jpg

Everything fits and clears right now. This is with the drivers side set at full bump.

20210219_142320.jpg

20210219_142333.jpg

Steering clears the pitman arm now. And the TB bracket clears the axle.

20210219_144202.jpg

20210219_144211.jpg

20210219_144218.jpg

I’ve used the BFG blue label (dot krawler) on a JKU without a locker and could go further than guys with KM2’s and lockers. They’re badass tires and also have pretty good street manners. I drove them from Atlanta to Daytona for Jeep Beach and wouldn’t hesitate to run them on the street again. If I was to run 37” tires, they’re the ones I would spend my money on no questions asked

I’ve said this a few times before, that Maxxis Razr is an interesting tire.

Jeff ran the BFG Krawler in the 37" & 40" versions before and now has the Razr tires on his rig so I'm watching to see how he likes them.

Those Baja Pro XS is an interesting looking tire also and most of the reviews I've read say they are a good off-road tire but loud on the street. Since my Jeep is 85% off-road and trailered most of the time I ain't too worried about it.

Reactions: Alex01 and DrDmoney
Jeff ran the BFG Krawler in the 37" & 40" versions before and now has the Razr tires on his rig so I'm watching to see how he likes them.

Those Baja Pro XS is an interesting looking tire also and most of the reviews I've read say they are a good off-road tire but loud on the street. Since my Jeep is 85% off-road and trailered most of the time I ain't too worried about it.
in that situation I would try those Mickies in a heartbeat. They are flat out nasty.

Reactions: Wildman
The TB is sitting at 8* and the drag link is sitting at 6.2*

View attachment 227637

View attachment 227638

View attachment 227639
Rick - I think the steering geometry is going to cause you a little bump steer. Can you lower the frame side track bar mount at all? Another option would be a difference pitman arm. Your drag link is flat enough you could run a completely flat pitman - that’s what I do - to maybe raise that side of the drag link a bit. It’s hard to tell how far your current steel pitman arm drops in the pictures.

Reactions: Alex01