Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

I have no desire to run stickies on anything. First since I ain't got that kind of money for them. Second since I do plan on driving on the streets a little I don't want to see my money fly off as I go down the road.
I parked next to a JL Rubicon yesterday at the butcher. I noticed they had Blizzak's all around. I thought about pointing out those aren't 70 degree weather tires but instead went about my business.

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman
Not to mention when you have stickies, no matter how good of a driver you are everyone will attribute your success to the tires and be like "well, if i had stickies i coulda made it too"

Well I'm sure I'll be a shitty driver so maybe I should think about running some. I can sell a kidney or something.

Reactions: Blondie70
I parked next to a JL Rubicon yesterday at the butcher. I noticed they had Blizzak's all around. I thought about pointing out those aren't 70 degree weather tires but instead went about my business.
"Not my monkey, not my circus."

I have no desire to run stickies on anything. First since I ain't got that kind of money for them. Second since I do plan on driving on the streets a little I don't want to see my money fly off as I go down the road.
So I ordered the Baja Pro XS's over the weekend (same reason....kids like to ride in the jeep too much to run stickies on the road) from Sneveys Offroad for $439 per tire (38x13.5x17) but they called me today and said they were not in stock.

I searched a few places but the closest I could get price wise was National Tire and Wheel (NTW) for $472. Other places had them for the same price but also threw in sales tax on top. NTW and Sneveys did not. Just FYI for those who were looking.

NTW had 10 today when I ordered mine. They also have a $100 coupon code available. Sounds like tires in general are getting hard to come by......

Also just got a reply from Dave's Off Road....also around d $472 with free ship and no sales tax....they have 62 in stock.

Last edited:
  • Sad
So I ordered the Baja Pro XS's over the weekend (same reason....kids like to ride in the jeep too much to run stickies on the road) from Sneveys Offroad for $439 per tire (38x13.5x17) but they called me today and said they were not in stock.

I searched a few places but the closest I could get price wise was National Tire and Wheel (NTW) for $472. Other places had them for the same price but also threw in sales tax on top. NTW and Sneveys did not. Just FYI for those who were looking.

NTW had 10 today when I ordered mine. They also have a $100 coupon code available. Sounds like tires in general are getting hard to come by......

Also just got a reply from Dave's Off Road....also around d $472 with free ship and no sales tax....they have 62 in stock.

Damn I'll have to watch and see.

I have my IROK's I can run this year and buy them next if if push comes to shove.

The reason I bought the SpyderLoc's from @NashvilleTJ was cause of the great deal he gave me. I had planned on just running the Stazworks rims & IROKs and then buying some aluminum rims when those tires were worn out.

I know it's been a few days but Amazon does have the tires for $490 per tire with free shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085131BNL/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I know it's been a few days but Amazon does have the tires for $490 per tire with free shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085131BNL/?tag=wranglerorg-20
4WP does some pretty good deals on MT tires. I got mine for $250 off but for the right holidays this past year they did the B4GO which almost makes them affordable. I think my Bajabosses came out to $367/tire with 4 tires (already had a spare).

4WP does some pretty good deals on MT tires. I got mine for $250 off but for the right holidays this past year they did the B4GO which almost makes them affordable. I think my Bajabosses came out to $367/tire with 4 tires (already had a spare).

I gotta win the lotto or have a rich uncle die before I am buying tires right. I'd get a 5th one even if I don't carry a spare with me.

Got to get my shocks first at this point.

Reactions: DrDmoney
Wildman, yeah I looked at Amazon but they jump up another $31/tire because they charge sales tax. ;)

I get charged sales tax no matter what unless I drive down to OR and buy at a shop there. WA charges sales tax on all transactions.

And as has been talked about by others it seems 12" Fox shocks are hard to come by right now. So it might mean I go with something else or end up waiting.

Reactions: DrDmoney
Nothing exciting or anything as I had an appointment in Wenatchee today with the VA so that took up most of my day.
Here about 2 weeks ago someone had posted up on a FB group I'm on that a shop was selling some headers for $125 shipped. Now I have center dump headers already but I've always wondered if any of the shorty headers would with the magnum V-8 swapped in the Jeep so I bought a pair.

20210616_162535.jpg

20210616_162553.jpg

20210616_162601.jpg

So once I get the engine sitting back in the frame I'll try them out and see if they'll fit and what if anything I'll have to do to make them work.

I went with patriot shorties on my SBC to cj5 swap. Lots more room to make things work. Those are purdy too. Like works if art.

just the flanges are worth a buck 25.

I could not use center dump for some reason that age has clouded the vision. Probably the MM. I lost a bunch of my CJ build pics in a hard drive crash.

I could not use center dump for some reason that age has clouded the vision. Probably the MM. I lost a bunch of my CJ build pics in a hard drive crash.

I had the center dump ones on the Jeep before but had just always felt there had to be a BETTER way of doing this. And of course I had contacted a bunch of the header manufacture's and none of them knew if their headers would fit or not. The center dump ones were what Advance Adapters use to sell.

So it'll be interesting to see if they'll work or not. The surprising thing is that with all the guys who have done the Dodge V-8 swap over on JF none have ever tried anything other than the center dump headers. So I figured someone had to at least try it to see what would happen.

Nothing exciting or anything as I had an appointment in Wenatchee today with the VA so that took up most of my day.
Here about 2 weeks ago someone had posted up on a FB group I'm on that a shop was selling some headers for $125 shipped. Now I have center dump headers already but I've always wondered if any of the shorty headers would with the magnum V-8 swapped in the Jeep so I bought a pair.

View attachment 259809

View attachment 259810

View attachment 259811

So once I get the engine sitting back in the frame I'll try them out and see if they'll fit and what if anything I'll have to do to make them work.
Shiny!

Reactions: Hog and Wildman

View attachment 259809

View attachment 259810

View attachment 259811

You moved. I’m hoping this is a sign of a comeback!

You moved. I’m hoping this is a sign of a comeback!

I've been moving just not in the direction my Jeep needed me to.

Yep they are.
If these fit then I'll get some better ones like ceramic coated Gibson's or Flowtech. They all offer some nice options depending on what fits. A coupe companies offer a Y-pipe also that fits the Ram pickup.

My shocks have FINALLY shipped but then sat in CA for 2 days for god knows why. Right now they first said they'd be delivered today 8/05/21 but now say they'll be delivered tomorrow 8/06 but since they just left southern CA today @ 1:30AM the packages might make it to Troutdale, OR by tomorrow which might put the packages in my neck of the woods Saturday. So MAYBE I'll finally see the shocks on Monday.

Screenshot (84).png

My shocks have FINALLY shipped but then sat in CA for 2 days for god knows why. Right now they first said they'd be delivered today 8/05/21 but now say they'll be delivered tomorrow 8/06 but since they just left southern CA today @ 1:30AM the packages might make it to Troutdale, OR by tomorrow which might put the packages in my neck of the woods Saturday. So MAYBE I'll finally see the shocks on Monday.

View attachment 269135
Oh cool, are you still building a jeep?

Oh cool, are you still building a jeep?

:ROFLMAO: :LOL: :D :)
Yep it's still sitting in the garage and just waiting for me to get motivated. No promises that it's gunna be done anytime soon but I'm picking away at it. I could have been getting other stuff done but I needed these shocks to get some stuff done.

I ordered these back at the beginning of May so it's taken a while for Fox to get them back in stock.