Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

I'd imagine they are also. The run flat the military uses on the Hummv rims is 2 pieces so it's easier to get in the tire but them you're trying to bolt the damn thing together.
The first time I ever did this I muscled the inserts in without using a ratchet strap. Now that was FUN.
Dang man... Don't you ever sleep? It's what, 3:30 am in the PNW?

Dang man... Don't you ever sleep? It's what, 3:30 am in the PNW?
4:35 AM here in the PNW. I go thru days/nights where I can't sleep very well. Figure I'll have a cup of coffee here in a few and then head out to the garage. Might as well be busy if I can't sleep.

I'll finish that wheel off and then start getting the spindles ready for when my ne hub & rotors get here. I'm going to try turning the shock around like Alex had in his picture and see if that will work. Then once I've got the front axle back together I can start flexing the front again.

We wake up early around here. Haven’t you ever heard of Starbucks coffee? 🤣

Shame on YOU.... I won't give that LIBERAL company a dime of my money. They can go piss up a rope for as far as I care.
I was never much for fofo coffee anyhow.
I like my coffee like I like my women..... Strong & bitter...

I might have a Mocha 2-3 times a year and if I do go to a coffee joint I get an Americana with 2-4 extra shots.
But remember I spent 6 years in Europe where an Espresso isn't the same as it is here. There it's coffee so strong you have to ladle it out of the pot and it's like a 6oz cup. Not that you need any more than that to keep you up for hours.

Reactions: Apparition and JMT
Shame on YOU.... I won't give that LIBERAL company a dime of my money. They can go piss up a rope for as far as I care.
I was never much for fofo coffee anyhow.
I like my coffee like I like my women..... Strong & bitter...

I might have a Mocha 2-3 times a year and if I do go to a coffee joint I get an Americana with 2-4 extra shots.
But remember I spent 6 years in Europe where an Espresso isn't the same as it is here. There it's coffee so strong you have to ladle it out of the pot and it's like a 6oz cup. Not that you need any more than that to keep you up for hours.
Cool your jets!!! I don’t drink Starbucks. Stuff is terrible, as most of us sane PNW people know. I like Dutch Bros. They’re going public today (BROS). Also like Thomas Hammer. But I really only buy coffee out when I’m with my wife or daughter. They like that boutique stuff. Me, I drink from the machine my wife bought, a Breville. Yes, she’s a coffee snob.

The response to Mike just sounded funny.

p.s. ur supposed to be in the garage by now!

Now I got to let my back recover before I do the next one. But I only need two tires mounted onto rims right now for checking clearances on both the front or rear as I get these shocks setup.

I'm gunna use my old tires and rims at this point since the M/T Baja Pro XS tires are hard if not impossible to find right now. And since those are the tires I want for the 17" Spyder Locks that I got from @NashvilleTJ . So I'll hold out for these tires and run the IRocks until such time.
You are a courageous soul indeed. I have both legs and wouldn't want to do this. On a serious note, seeing what you do motivates me, and I'm guessing others!

WTF??? This was in OR on 7 Sept and then back in GA on 8 Sept and Chicago on 9 Sept... Was suppose to be delivered tomorrow and now won't be here until 15 Sept or longer if I know them. At one point I thought FedEx was better than UPS but now I am not so sure. This is like the 5-6th shipment they've "F"d up lately.

View attachment 275979
I've never had good luck with FedEx. I try for USPS first, then UPS, and last resort FedEx. I just recently had an issue with a package getting stuck in a Dallas, TX facility with USPS for a couple of weeks. I filed a "lost mail" claim on their website and it magically started moving through the system again one day later.

• Sad
Reactions: Wildman
Cool your jets!!! I don’t drink Starbucks. Stuff is terrible, as most of us sane PNW people know. I like Dutch Bros. They’re going public today (BROS). Also like Thomas Hammer. But I really only buy coffee out when I’m with my wife or daughter. They like that boutique stuff. Me, I drink from the machine my wife bought, a Breville. Yes, she’s a coffee snob.

The response to Mike just sounded funny.

p.s. ur supposed to be in the garage by now!

I was doing some chores and making coffee. I have a Keurig so I don't waste it.

I only buy at some fancy dancy coffee shop if I can't get it at a gas station. Yep I drink that stuff. But I drank Army coffee for 28 years.

You are a courageous soul indeed. I have both legs and wouldn't want to do this. On a serious note, seeing what you do motivates me, and I'm guessing others!

Thank you very much. Coming from you that means a lot. Actually having one metal leg is handy sometimes let me tell you. I can pry against it or push on it and I don't feel shit... :D I rolled that tire and wheel across my foot 2 or 3 times and never felt a thing. :eek:
Of course there are times it's a PITA too but I swore I'd figure out work arounds and I have for most things.

I've never had good luck with FedEx. I try for USPS first, then UPS, and last resort FedEx. I just recently had an issue with a package getting stuck in a Dallas, TX facility with USPS for a couple of weeks. I filed a "lost mail" claim on their website and it magically started moving through the system again one day later.

FedEx use to be the better company here but yep they are #3 on my list now too.

Back when I built my TJ the first time I was waiting on my driveshafts to arrive on a Friday afternoon. So I'm out working in the garage and all of the sudden the power goes out. So I go inside and get something to drink and wait for the power to come back on. Well it doesn't come on until about 9 PM that night. So I'd driven into town for dinner since I can't cook. I'm asking if anyone knows what happened to the power. Small town you know. Well they tell me a FedEx truck hit a power pole and took out power for most of the county. Yep my driveshafts were on that truck and I had to wait until Monday to finally get them.

Just from sitting last night with the bolts tightened down the insert went back to being round. 4 of the 6 bolts I'd installed yesterday are now loose. So it's time to install all the bolts and torque them down.

20210910_071533.jpg

20210910_071539.jpg

Reactions: TJ Starting
Definitely inspires me plenty! When I picked up the gas tank, Rick was in a trench he was digging for a new water line. I thought to myself.. great, there goes every excuse I ever had

Definitely inspires me plenty! When I picked up the gas tank, Rick was in a trench he was digging for a new water line. I thought to myself.. great, there goes every excuse I ever had

I've always tried to look at it as not something that will stop me or limit me. If you consider yourself handicapped ♿ then you are. But if you just think about it as a obstacle to overcome then you will.

And I appreciate the opportunity to be me. Thank you.

All the bolts are installed and I'm filling the tire to 40 PSI. Then I'll check it a few times during the day to see if it holds pressure.

20210910_080038.jpg

20210910_080048.jpg

Another tire mounted.
Now when I do the next two I've got to make sure I pay attention to the direction I mount the tires.
I'd forgotten about the IRock being a directional tire.

All the bolts are installed and I'm filling the tire to 40 PSI. Then I'll check it a few times during the day to see if it holds pressure.

View attachment 276041

View attachment 276042

Another tire mounted.
Now when I do the next two I've got to make sure I pay attention to the direction I mount the tires.
I'd forgotten about the IRock being a directional tire.
I got to wheel with a guy on 36 IROKs last weekend at Reiter. IMO my radial Baja Pros (non sticky) outperformed them on dry rocks. Was really impressed with the Mickeys this past spring. I think the Baja Pro XS looks far more aggressive will probably work a lot better for the loose rock on your side of the state. You should be able to get some decent money out of the irok + dual BLs when you sell at least to recoop some dough.

Reactions: Wildman
I got to wheel with a guy on 36 IROKs last weekend at Reiter. IMO my radial Baja Pros (non sticky) outperformed them on dry rocks. Was really impressed with the Mickeys this past spring. I think the Baja Pro XS looks far more aggressive will probably work a lot better for the loose rock on your side of the state. You should be able to get some decent money out of the irok + dual BLs when you sell at least to recoop some dough.

That is my thinking also. Plus I've got 5 TSL SX tires if they want them. Their weather checked but would still be good trail tires.
1 of them is brand new. But their also 12+ years old.

I'm thinking/hoping I could get $1500 for the 4 wheels and IRock's plus the SX tires. I've also got 4 Inserts for Hummv wheels to go with the package.

I need to get a good idea about when I could get the M/T Pro XS tires first. I know I'm slow 🐌 on getting my rig done but I don't want to be close and sell my current tires and then not have any. If I was done and waiting on tires I'd go crazy 🤪.

Reactions: Apparition and Vasq
@B00mb00m where would I list the tires and wheels?
Market Place? Craigslist? Offer Up?
There use to be some good local forums but most of them have gone away.

Summit Racing has suggest ship date of 11/29/2021

Jegs has a ship date of 09/16/21

I found a site in GA called Skinney Pedal Racing that has them for $461 each which is about $40 less than every where else. I just sent them a email asking what their availability is. At that price I'll buy them now. Plus asked what shipping would be.