Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

What a DAY...

I unboxed the Metal Cloak front fenders and flares.

View attachment 286310

MC even includes a windshield banner & stickers with their orders. And this is without having to leave notes asking for them.

View attachment 286311

View attachment 286312

And get this....... They even have INSTRUCTIONS that you can view and read. Gee I don't have to search the web and find other peoples install threads to find out how to install a product? DAMN you'd think they wouldn't be hated so much.

View attachment 286313
Savvy has brilliantly defined their demographic:

It's the secret club where the instructions shall never be written down... only passed along by internet Shaman.
And a select few will get a stickers included with their order, the rest will need to beg for them.
"They wouldn't be special if we gave them out to everyone."

It's the secret club where the instructions shall never be written down... only passed along by internet Shaman.
And a select few will get a stickers included with their order, the rest will need to beg for them.
"They wouldn't be special if we gave them out to everyone."

Secret Squirrel shit is LAME as FUCK... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Wonder how those who aren't in the "CLUB" get their instructions? If you're not a member on this forum how would you find out how to install any of their products?

• Haha
Reactions: Farmergreg
Secret Squirrel shit is LAME as FUCK... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Wonder how those who aren't in the "CLUB" get their instructions? If you're not a member on this forum how would you find out how to install any of their products?
I joined this forum before buying my TJ as I did not know squat specifically about them. I wanted to buy a SxS to get out with my son and his K-30 build and decided the TJ would be a great choice.

I ordered a JKS body lift but learned from reading @jjvw thread that those will squish down. I bought the savvy BL. Of course no instructions from savvy, however JKS has a wonderful write up that they include with their BL which I followed.

I could do a body lift now with no instructions, but I couldn't at that point.

The predrilled inner fenders and space for the stock airbox is also a bonus.
Although I did mine years ago, one of the things that impressed me was how easy the install was. Everything fit like it should and there was no custom work needed. And, instructions were included and clear!

Although I did mine years ago, one of the things that impressed me was how easy the install was. Everything fit like it should and there was no custom work needed. And, instructions were included and clear!
Yes if I had stock shock & spring towers I'm sure this would be easier but where is the fun in that? I like it so far and am happy with my purchase. Yes I might have been better off if I'd gotten aluminum but these fenders weight nothing compared to my old Poison Spyder tube fenders.

And yes instructions are very nice and as you said they are clear for those of us who have comprehension issues. While I don't like some of their ways of marketing their non-suspension parts have been good quality and fit & finish has been good.

Reactions: JMT

"They wouldn't be special if we gave them out to everyone.

It's a great club. There's nothing like buying a midarm and getting a box of parts with zero references on where to weld the brackets.

MC has great customer service and their instructions are well written. I did a 2.5" gamechanger on my wife's JLU and the instructions were great.

That said Blaine's BBK has the best write-up I've seen. I wish Savvy would have allowed Blaine to finish the instructions for the midarm (as the story goes) before shipping out kits.

It's a great club. There's nothing like buying a midarm and getting a box of parts with zero references on where to weld the brackets.

MC has great customer service and their instructions are well written. I did a 2.5" gamechanger on my wife's JLU and the instructions were great.

That said Blaine's BBK has the best write-up I've seen. I wish Savvy would have allowed Blaine to finish the instructions for the midarm (as the story goes) before shipping out kits.
The BBK instructions are impressive.

I'm back in the garage and having a morning cigar before I tackle the fenders.
Once I get both fenders mounted and the inner fenders done I'll get the Savvy sliders back out and figure out how much trimming they'll need.

I'm back in the garage and having a morning cigar before I tackle the fenders.
Once I get both fenders mounted and the inner fenders done I'll get the Savvy sliders back out and figure out how much trimming they'll need.
Building your rig is a full time job! Coming together nicely Rick. 👍🏼

Are you mounting the fenders in the normal location or in the highline position?

I'm mounting them in the normal position at this point.
I've got to get my front axle assembled so I can throw a tire on and then flex the suspension.
Then if I need more clearance I'll look at doing something else with the fenders.

Edit: if I have to highline these fenders it'll have to wait until I get my welder back. But it's the other reason why I went steel over aluminum.

Reactions: Alex01
There is NO WAY that the Wrangler Power Products dual battery tray is going to fit. :(:confused:
Not really happy about this but I'll just figure something else out.

20211026_081727.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: Alex01 and JMT
Passenger side inner fender done ✔.

View attachment 286415

View attachment 286416

Now to start the same process again on the drivers side.
Doesn't matter for the mock-up but when I installed the MC fenders I put the inner fender bolts in the other direction. The thought was the tire could catch the studs going through the fender. Also, IIRC the inner fender goes behind the fender edge in the rear.

Looking great. You're making good time.

Doesn't matter for the mock-up but when I installed the MC fenders I put the inner fender bolts in the other direction. The thought was the tire could catch the studs going through the fender. Also, IIRC the inner fender goes behind the fender edge in the rear.

Looking great. You're making good time.

OK good catch. Thanks
And makes sense to put the head of the screw towards the tire.
I'll slide the inner fender behind the fender to verify fit.

Had to take a quick break and give myself a shot and change the sock in my socket.

Drivers side is going to be a bigger challenge. Working around all this stuff will be fun.

20211026_094239.jpg

20211026_094247.jpg

And it's been so long since I took everything apart I'd forgotten about this.

20211026_093756.jpg

If I had a welder I'd just weld a nut to it and pull it out. :(:confused:. Looks like one more thing that will have to wait.

NOOOO, you got to highline the front MC fenders. They looks so much better. HOw much did you push your front axle forward? The main limitation of the MC fender for me was the rear slope portion of the fender. If you're forward of stock you might stuff 37s. I believe the standard highline method is move it up 3" and redrill holes.