Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

you been beatin on it. go relax .......puff you 1 of them cigars and get you a couple fingers of "goes down smooth" in a glass and chill.......it'll be there when your ready.

Thanks.
I'm doing laundry and relaxing. I'll get back on it tomorrow. Hopefully they'll get my internet fixed soon. Thought I'd work on the write-up for the wiring harness.

Thanks.
I'm doing laundry and relaxing. I'll get back on it tomorrow. Hopefully they'll get my internet fixed soon. Thought I'd work on the write-up for the wiring harness.
You can always write it in notepad or something, save it, then copy and paste it back to the forum once you have internet again. I do that quite often when I'm working on something more precise, like a how to... That way, if something happens, I don't lose everything.

Reactions: Wildman
You can always write it in notepad or something, save it, then copy and paste it back to the forum once you have internet again. I do that quite often when I'm working on something more precise, like a how to... That way, if something happens, I don't lose everything.

Thanks I hadn't thought of that.
I can throw in the pictures when I get ready to post it.

Seen you all over the forum since I've joined. Thank you for your service and your sacrifice! 🇺🇸

Stumbled on your build thread the past week or so. Glad to tag it and watch the progress!! You're a valuable member to the rest of us. Good luck on the build! Look forward to following along the journey!🍿

Seen you all over the forum since I've joined. Thank you for your service and your sacrifice! 🇺🇸

Stumbled on your build thread the past week or so. Glad to tag it and watch the progress!! You're a valuable member to the rest of us. Good luck on the build! Look forward to following along the journey!🍿

Thank you and thanks.

It's been a long slow process and I've had my ups and downs along with it.
It'll be great to have it running and driving again.

Damn internet was fixed for about 20 minutes and now down again.

Working on the drivers side is always more of a PITA as I don't have as much room around the Jeep.

So here are the promised pictures from earlier today. Got all the holes drilled with the spot weld cutter. When it comes time to do the Metal Cloak corners that spot weld cutter will sure be handy too.

So here's two pics of the slider setup to the tub.

20211024_114858.jpg

20211024_114924.jpg

All the holes drilled. Once I get my welder back I'm going to weld up the old holes from my Poison Spyder armor.

20211024_124431.jpg

These RED spots are from the fire retardant that was dumped on my house and vehicles back in 2013 when I almost lost my home to the Taylor Bridge fire. 3 neighbors lost their homes during this fire and a lot of other home went up in flames.

20211024_124438.jpg

No one knows how to remove this crap. Washing it doesn't remove it and the only thing I've found so far is GoopOff but it strips the paint down also. So I'll be cleaning it when I am getting ready to do all my painting.

Working on the drivers side is always more of a PITA as I don't have as much room around the Jeep.

So here are the promised pictures from earlier today. Got all the holes drilled with the spot weld cutter. When it comes time to do the Metal Cloak corners that spot weld cutter will sure be handy too.

So here's two pics of the slider setup to the tub.

View attachment 286064

View attachment 286065

All the holes drilled. Once I get my welder back I'm going to weld up the old holes from my Poison Spyder armor.

View attachment 286066

These RED spots are from the fire retardant that was dumped on my house and vehicles back in 2013 when I almost lost my home to the Taylor Bridge fire. 3 neighbors lost their homes during this fire and a lot of other home went up in flames.

View attachment 286067

No one knows how to remove this crap. Washing it doesn't remove it and the only thing I've found so far is GoopOff but it strips the paint down also. So I'll be cleaning it when I am getting ready to do all my painting.
I wonder if Iron X would remove it. It sounds like it is buried in the clear coat. May be a long shot, but the Iron X is a neutralizer. I have a little left from the Twins build. It might help if I knew what the retardant was made of.

I wonder if Iron X would remove it. It sounds like it is buried in the clear coat. May be a long shot, but the Iron X is a neutralizer. I have a little left from the Twins build. It might help if I knew what the retardant was made of.

I don't know what it's made of but they dumped two planes on my place. My old Ram which was white really looked like shit. I took it thru multiple car washes before most of it was finally off.
Between the 2 planes and 3 3K gallon water trucks they saved my place.

This is the fire across the ridge from my place.

IMG_7704.JPG

M truck with retardant all over it.

IMG_7792.JPG

Neighbors YJ.

IMG_7830.JPG

And this USE to be a boat.
IMG_7848.JPG

Daughter got home from work and had picked up the mail.
I'd bought a new distributor from a member of the Facebook Mopar group I'm a member of.

20211024_222628.jpg

20211024_222645.jpg

So I've got a brand new distributor for the engine. Shaft is nice and tight with no slop.

I'd also bought some items off another member and one of the sensors he'd sent was the transmission speed sensor.

What a DAY...

I unboxed the Metal Cloak front fenders and flares.

20211025_132008.jpg

MC even includes a windshield banner & stickers with their orders. And this is without having to leave notes asking for them.

20211025_132235.jpg

20211025_132244.jpg

And get this....... They even have INSTRUCTIONS that you can view and read. Gee I don't have to search the web and find other peoples install threads to find out how to install a product? DAMN you'd think they wouldn't be hated so much.

20211025_132429.jpg

Attachments

• TJ-LJ-Front-Arched-Tube-Fenders-Installation-Instructions.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 143
What a DAY...

View attachment 286310

MC even includes a windshield banner & stickers with their orders. And this is without having to leave notes asking for them.

View attachment 286311

View attachment 286312

And get this....... They even have INSTRUCTIONS that you can view and read. Gee I don't have to search the web and find other peoples install threads to find out how to install a product? DAMN you'd think they wouldn't be hated so much.

View attachment 286313
The predrilled inner fenders and space for the stock airbox is also a bonus.

What a DAY...

View attachment 286310

View attachment 286311

View attachment 286312

View attachment 286313
You get those stickers with everything. I’ve probably got 20 of them floating around. They even come with warranty replacement stuff.

The predrilled inner fenders and space for the stock airbox is also a bonus.

If I still had a stock air box that might be nice but I haven't seen my stock air box for years. But yes the predrilled holes are nice. I do wonder how much I'm going to move stuff around.

You get those stickers with everything. I’ve probably got 20 of them floating around. They even come with warranty replacement stuff.

Yep I'm sure not going to run their windshield banner but I was just impressed with it.

I can't tell you the number of times I took that inner fender out and put it back in nor how many times I said I was CLOSE but finally I really am CLOSE. I'm going to install the bolts in the morning and see where else I might need to trim the inner fender.

20211025_154033.jpg

20211025_154041.jpg

You can always cut it up and repurpose it. I'm seeing "Meat" on the garage fridge as an option. ;)

Plenty of good acronym / word creating tools out there.
There was a guy on another forum that installed a Teraflex lift for his brother in law or someone like that. He installed the window banner but rearranged it a bit.

“TERAFLEX SUSPENISONS”

The other thing I did was to try to set my front bumper up in place. Same as the issues that Jeff (@NashvilleTJ ) had when he did the TNT steering box rotation my bumper doesn't fit without some trimming.

I'm not sure just how far back I can cut it to fit as I'm pretty close to the hoop.

20211025_125627.jpg

20211025_125636.jpg

Plus I'll have to notch the sides also for the SwayLoc.

20211025_125644.jpg