Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

I don't have a table saw or a router to trim down a piece of aluminum with. But I can see what you're suggesting and can figure out something now. But see a little discussion and you got your point across.

While I still might not totally agree with you as I think spreading the load is already helpful as it is and then even more so with it bolted to the corners I do see your point and do agree that it would add more strength to the rear of the tub.

Reactions: reddvltj
No I was talking about if you already had a filler plate there and were tying the corners to it together. And then having a say 1' plate on each side bolted to the armor.
I would go bigger than an inch on either side.

• Haha
Then do that.

I appreciate your input and as I said after some discussion your point was made and I now understand what you're suggesting to tie the corner armor to the valance. I may not do it exactly as you suggested but I will do something to add some more strength to the rear of the tub.

Reactions: jjvw and reddvltj
No offense taken nor do I not appreciate comments or constructive criticism about things I'm doing. I'll turn it up a little tomorrow and run another pass on it. I wondered if I should have also put a gusset off to each side? Just hadn't asked yet.

And while I'm asking questions....
On the receiver square should I add a outer ring around the edge?

View attachment 317840

View attachment 317841

Similar to what is on this tube?

View attachment 317842
My Warn does not have a ring but it would not hurt if you want to tow with it.

Reactions: Wildman
1648285473220.png

• Haha
I bought two line locks a month ago for something similar.

We'll have to talk. I've been debating this for a while now and decided to try this out. I'll be posting install pictures soon, I hope.
Got a doctors appointment tomorrow so won't get anything done but should be back at it Tuesday.

Damn been almost a week since my last post. I had the flu all week so I wasn't feeling up to working on the Jeep.

It seems like every time I do something I have 5 more things to do after it. I started looking at installing the center braces for the center bar of my cage.

20220402_132725.jpg

That isn't gunna work with the bars in my line of sight.

20220402_132736.jpg

So I cut the bracket for the GPS off.

20220402_143301.jpg

And then tweaked it a little more.

20220402_144139.jpg

Final spot now to tack them in place and see how it looks 😀.

20220402_144148.jpg

Checked the angles and then tacked everything in place. I was going to try and weld them in without pulling the overhead console but that was a FAIL so I took it off and was able to get at the back side really good. Still a little goober but I think it'll hold.

20220402_163047.jpg

20220402_163057.jpg

20220402_163100.jpg

And then from the front.

20220402_163149.jpg

20220402_163209.jpg

This bracket I use to use for a XM tuner and a 3.5mm jack maybe the new mount for the GPS. I'll have to modify it some I'm sure but it seems like the next logical spot to mount it. But won't know until I get a little more done on the interior.

GPS Mount.jpg