Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

Verified that it's a 3/8" NPT so ordered a reducer but I'm not sure if it'll work since the head of the IAT has to sit inside. So once I get them I'll see how far it sticks thru the reducer.
I got two different styles to see which worked better.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082Y86DV9/?tag=wranglerorg-20

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FPFMG8Y/?tag=wranglerorg-20

The brass would be easier to modify (if the sensor will thread down far enough into the reducer), you can shave off the head of the reducer so the sensor sits down in the hole further.

Reactions: Wildman
The brass would be easier to modify (if the sensor will thread down far enough into the reducer), you can shave off the head of the reducer so the sensor sits down in the hole further.

Yes that is sort of what I was thinking also. But I bought both just in case.

Reactions: reddvltj
While I was working on the engine I also painted the steering shafts. Almost painted the Hemi orange 🍊 😍.

20221001_205701.jpg

Then I decided it was time to start messing with the Dang Nab wiring again. But this time it's on the engine so I can see where I'll need to change how I'd had it laid out if any.
Started with the crank position sensor.

20221003_161934.jpg

It's a little different then the 4.0 one but it bolts to the back of the block. And there is a difference between a auto & manual one BTW.

20221003_162017.jpg

Then I laid the wiring harness onto the engine.

20221003_175921.jpg

And hooked up the PCM.

20221003_175926.jpg

I've got to play with the routing between the firewall/PCM/PDC some.

20221003_175939.jpg

Drivers side

20221003_182656.jpg

And then this goes over the brake booster and into the interior to connect to 4 plugs.

20221003_182702.jpg

These are the plugs

20221003_182722.jpg

And the hole in the firewall for it.

20221003_182727.jpg

I'll be gone until Friday or maybe Saturday since I have an appointment with the VA tomorrow and then picking up my motorhome on Wednesday. Then will stay at my sisters for a day or two before heading home.

I'll have the reducer by then and can get the IAT mounted and modify my wiring to fit the new mounting location.

Since I won't be hooking up A/C and because the mounting bracket for the A/C compressor had to modified to fit the 6 pack intake I'm thinking about removing the wiring for the A/C. Just be that many unused and not needed plugs and wires removed. I can already see that I'm also going to have to retape some spots I'd laid out incorrectly before.

I did run the wiring down underneath to the transmission and the wiring to the fuel tank. It all fits as it should underneath so that area is good.

This reminds me of the three deuces in my 1970 Dodge Challenger 440 6Pak! :love:

It'd be kind COOL to make a shaker hood (not that I'm a body guy) and have a scoop on them. I know it's not really practical for a Jeep but WTF it's fun and different.

It'd be kind COOL to make a shaker hood (not that I'm a body guy) and have a scoop on them. I know it's not really practical for a Jeep but WTF it's fun and different.
Back in High School my buddy also ran a "shaker" hood in his 1970 Boss 302. Man I miss those days. I ran with some badass cars back then and didn't even know we were cool!

Back in High School my buddy also ran a "shaker" hood in his 1970 Boss 302. Man I miss those days. I ran with some badass cars back then and didn't even know we were cool!

Yep you and me both. I didn't have a CLUE how great some of those cars I messed around with when I was a kid were. I had a 64 Chevy pickup with a 283 in it and I'd blew up the stock 3 speed (3 on the tree) so I was hunting for a new transmission at the JY and there was a dual quad intake off a Corvette sitting on the counter. $65 for a 4 speed trans & $70 for the intake...
Cut a hole in the hood of my truck for that intake. I was young and dumb. Hadn't done any other mods to the engine. But it looked good.

The group I ran with consisted of a 69 350/350 Corvette, 1969 455 GTO, 1970 454 SS Chevelle, 1970 SS El Camino (Either a 396 or 454), 1969 Z28 (302) Camaro, my 1970 Challenger, my Buddies 1970 Boss 302, a 260 Mercury Comet, and a 1966 Sunbeam (Ford 289) Tiger. I was so "F"ing cool and didn't know it! :p

What is wrong with the Factor 55 thimble? Show me the design flaws and I'll get another brand.

There is nothing specifically wrong with the F55 thimble. All they did was steal Blaine's Safety Thimble design and make it bigger, heavier, and needlessly more difficult to thread. It just shows that they continue to not understand what it is they are designing for. But F55's fat, heavy, and cluttered thimble is a significant improvement over their previous fake thimble and redundant fat shackle products.

Reactions: toximus
There is nothing specifically wrong with the F55 thimble. All they did was steal Blaine's Safety Thimble design and make it bigger, heavier, and needlessly more difficult to thread. It just shows that they continue to not understand what it is they are designing for. But F55's fat, heavy, and cluttered thimble is a significant improvement over their previous fake thimble and redundant fat shackle products.

My understanding is that Factor 55 continued selling their old (unsafe) inventory after releasing their new design. Gotta keep the investors at Dover happy I guess. 🤷

• Wow
Reactions: rasband and jjvw

OK thanks for the info.

I've got my own reasons for buying the Factor 55. We'll just leave it at that.

Reactions: reddvltj