Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

Instead of going with a Stahlbus oil plug this time I went with a ValvoMax.

20240614_101042.jpg

20240614_101325.jpg

After I use it a few times I'll let you know what I think.

What should be a easy project tuned in a all day project. I'd pulled the tilt steering column out of the donor Jeep and the one out of mine. The NRG hub doesn't have threaded holes that a puller can be used with. So I ran into town for some longer screws to see if I can use the outer ring holes.

20240614_140438.jpg

Here's the tilt column if I can get this hub off.

20240614_140442.jpg

Tilt column is installed in my TJ... Wahoooo.
I'm dancing around like a little kid in a candy store...

20240615_104734.jpg

20240615_104745.jpg

20240615_110925.jpg

Now I've got to get the regular column installed into the donor Jeep.
Then pull out the shifter and floor plate.

After that it's about time to pull the donor Jeep out of the garage and get mine pushed into the garage.

More Fuckery shit from this shop that did the install.
There's a few companies that offered a adapter plate for the DBW fuel pedal for the Hemi swap. Instead of sourcing one they just drilled holes in the firewall and used some spacers to mount the pedal.

20240615_123355.jpg

20240615_123410.jpg

Hopefully I can still find one now since the TJ platform isn't as popular.

More Fuckery shit from this shop that did the install.
There's a few companies that offered a adapter plate for the DBW fuel pedal for the Hemi swap. Instead of sourcing one they just drilled holes in the firewall and used some spacers to mount the pedal.

View attachment 534665

View attachment 534666

Hopefully I can still find one now since the TJ platform isn't as popular.

Is it something that could possibly be 3D printed if someone with a priter coppied someone like say @NashvilleTJ adapter plate?

Reactions: Wildman
Is it something that could possibly be 3D printed if someone with a priter coppied someone like say @NashvilleTJ adapter plate?

I'd guess if Jeff was nice and pulled his I could get a CAD of it and have it made. What's the name of that place? 🤔 You send them a CAD of what you want and they'll cut and bend it for you.

Here it is: https://sendcutsend.com/

That place really likes spacers and saving bucks. Not much thread was holding that trans mount on eh?

Nope not much at all. I wouldn't recommend the shop to anyone after seeing all the Fuckery they'd done 🙄.

Here I'd thought I was a hack. My work isn't on their level.

Reactions: reddvltj
She doesn't need a hardtop.

Odly enough my Rubicon, does not have the soft top bow mounts on the B pillar of the sport cage, but it doesn't have hard top wiring either... I had to buy the mounts for when I finally get around to taking the hard top off and selling it.

I'd guess if Jeff was nice and pulled his I could get a CAD of it and have it made. What's the name of that place? 🤔 You send them a CAD of what you want and they'll cut and bend it for you.

Here it is: https://sendcutsend.com/

Probably faster and cheaper to reach out to Jim Beebe over at Red Rock and see if he has one in stock.

• USA Proud
Reactions: reddvltj
Probably faster and cheaper to reach out to Jim Beebe over at Red Rock and see if he has one in stock.

Already did. Also reached out to HotWire since he used to sell one & to JeepSpeed so hopefully one of them has one still in stock.

Edit: I can tell you that there are more than JUST me looking for either a drawing or the bracket. Since the JK came out and the TJ has gone by the wayside and vendors have slowly dropped parts for us things like this become sought after.