Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

There is no scenario where you would keep the China starter.

1. If it fits, you have to ship it back and buy the expensive one.

2. If it doesn’t fit, you have to ship it back for a refund.

Or, buy the quality one to start with and you run the chance of avoiding the hassle of shipping it back.

In all my time of cycling suspensions for mockup, I’ve yet to damage anything. It is a relaxed, methodical process.

You have a very narrow minded imagination don't you... Don't get me wrong, you're just not using any common sense.

Buy the CHEAPEST starter you can find.... LOCALLY, from a brick and mortar store, so there is NO time limit on returns, as long as it's not physically damaged you can return it for FULL credit towards a better one, OR just get your money back if you want to source a high quality online.

OH look..... I solved your problem with absolutely NO SHIPPING, period!!!

Your last comment has me chuckling maybe a little too much....

"In all my time of cycling suspensions for mockup, I’ve yet to damage anything."
All your time???? You do see the irony in that statement don't you?

Once again you're reading what you perceive "to be" into it, instead what was actually said.

He didn't say anything about damaging the starter when "cycling the suspension".
Use your imagination as to the myriad of different ways a starter, alternator, or any other part with cast aluminum bits, can be damaged when it is NOT installed on a vehicle, accidents DO happen.

Some of us are old enough to know this first hand and we are wise enough to keep that tiny little thought in the back of our minds...

Last edited:
You have a very narrow minded imagination don't you... Don't get me wrong, you're just not using any common sense.

Buy the CHEAPEST starter you can find.... LOCALLY, from a brick and mortar store, so there is NO time limit on returns, as long as it's not physically damaged you can return it for FULL credit towards a better one, OR just get your money back if you want to source a high quality online.

OH look..... I solved your problem with absolutely NO SHIPPING, period!!!

Your last comment has me chuckling maybe a little too much....

"In all my time of cycling suspensions for mockup, I’ve yet to damage anything."
All your time???? You do see the irony in that statement don't you?

Once again you're reading what you perceive "to be" into it, instead what was actually said.

He didn't say anything about damaging the starter when "cycling the suspension".
Use your imagination as to the myriad of different ways a starter, alternator, or any other part with cast aluminum bits, can be damaged when it is NOT installed on a vehicle, accidents DO happen.

Some of us are old enough to know this first hand and we are wise enough to keep that tiny little though in the back of our minds...

Boy you sure are getting worked up over this. The facepalming and stalking of my profile isn’t helping.

Boy you sure are getting worked up over this. The facepalming and stalking of my profile isn’t helping.

Trust me, I'm not gettng worked up, just giving you shit.... The facepalming is nothing less than what I would do to my kids if they asked a question that they had just read the answer to and the youngest of them will be 29 this year. It's a dad thing that you have probably not yet had the joy of partaking in...

The "stalking" of your profile was just to "refresh my memory" of how old you are... Us old farts have to do that more often...

Reactions: JMT
Passenger side starter... Yehaw...

https://www.bperacing.com/inc/sdetail/206/18720

1719020647372.png

@reddvltj found out that Durango's with the 5.7 also have a passenger side starter... Now to do some searching.

Since I have to cut up the dash wiring for the Hemi swap I've got to decide if I want to run the 01-06 dash or use the digital dash from Intellitronix. The instructions for the digital dash say that you need to run their temperature sensor and oil pressure sensor.
For the ECT sensor I could put a adapter in the radiator hose. Or add a T on the engine. For the oil pressure I could also use a T. I've got to look at the engine first.

View attachment 536691

Decision Decision...

View attachment 536690

I think I remember others who have used the digital dash to getting the signal from the stock sensors but am not positive.

I like stock style instrument cluster. Simpler too.

🤔 what? That makes no sense. Starter is on the passenger side on TJ’s.

It would make a lot of things easier for me..

I like stock style instrument cluster. Simpler too.

I do also but I also like the digital dash... Not sure which way I'm going yet.

I did. $90 on Amazon, but I did rebuild my Mopar. Just waiting for the time.

Easy returns thru Amazon as long it's within the 30 days. I'm looking for a quality one right now and will compare prices. A Amazon one is $80.

Reactions: JMT and reddvltj
FedEX FINALLY got here. Was supposed to be delivered between 10AM & 2:20 PM.... It was 8 PM when they finally got here.

Motor mounts..

20240621_194454.jpg

Gas pedal mount.

20240621_194504.jpg

20240621_194509.jpg

20240621_194521.jpg

York mount

20240621_194529.jpg

20240621_194535.jpg

20240621_194545.jpg

New oil pump & timing chain plus gears.

20240621_195034.jpg

Got some bead blasting to do so I can paint all that bare metal.

I like digital for speed and tire pressure. Everything else I like analog. Whatever is simplest is what I’d do. If equally simple I’d pick what I liked best.

Either way is going to be some wiring so I don't see it as either being simpler than the other.

Got some more research to do on what all works and what doesn't before I decide.

Reactions: reddvltj
You can't use the harness and cluster from the hemi donor?

Yes the cluster is from the Hemi donor. It's a 2001 or newer cluster which is PCI where 2000 & older is CCD. So to use the harness for the newer dash you have to wire it into your older wiring harness.

I like the stock style dash. Let the LS guys go digital. 😏

What does the overlay look like for the digital dash?

https://www.intellitronix.com/product-page/jeep-97-06-tj-led-digital-gauge-panel

Reactions: reddvltj
Yes the cluster is from the Hemi donor. It's a 2001 or newer cluster which is PCI where 2000 & older is CCD. So to use the harness for the newer dash you have to wire it into your older wiring harness

I get that. I'm just wondering why you don't drop in the setup from your donor. It wasn't functional or you don't want the work of gutting both dashes?