Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

I wouldn't want to wheel that big of a box around. My garage isn't that big anyhow so going to fetch a tool ain't that big a deal.
I'd just like to have more room/space for my tools so I can organize it better. I have SO MUCH SHIT piled in my top tray right now it's crazy.

Reactions: DrDmoney and Chris
I wouldn't want to wheel that big of a box around. My garage isn't that big anyhow so going to fetch a tool ain't that big a deal.
I'd just like to have more room/space for my tools so I can organize it better. I have SO MUCH SHIT piled in my top tray right now it's crazy.
I have the 44” upper and lower plus an add on set of drawers and I also have the tool cart for oil changes and the like. I went with the HF tool boxes, no regrets.

1608529219173.jpeg

I have the 44” upper and lower plus an add on set of drawers and I also have the tool cart for oil changes and the like. I went with the HF tool boxes, no regrets.

View attachment 212078

I got one of their 4 drawer carts like the one have in your post and about 6 month later they came out with their 5 drawer cart that was more what I needed. But still need a bigger tool box for all my main tools. Once I get one I'll either try to sell or gift my old box to someone just starting out.

Reactions: DrDmoney
So might have to order some other tools.

You’re saying that like it’s a bad thing...🙃

Hehehehe,
Well I just ordered MORE tools. Most will be here before Christmas and a few the Monday after. So I've got a few things I can do while I wait for the rest of this stuff to show up.

o_O:D:p ;);)
I love new tools.....

I’m a huge, unrepentant tool addict. When I bought my last toolbox, my wife told me it was so big I would never need another box. I told her it would be full the day I got it home. Well, it was.

Not long after that I had to build another one. It never ends.

Here it is . The work bench box is the one I built.

IMG_6521.JPG

And oh yeah, They are both full.

DEE5D409-C998-4EDF-B5D4-3B9D5DF5BC87.jpeg

Last edited:
That is what I'm lookin at. I have an OLD 44" Craftsman toolbox so a 56" bottom & top would be good.
I bought new boxes a couple years ago. Typically, I try to buy "Made in USA", whenever possible and practical. I looked at a bunch of different brands, including the ridiculously expensive Matco and Snap-On, as well as Sears, Kobalt, and Harbor Freight. In the end, I couldn't justify the more expensive boxes and went with lower and upper 56" Harbor Freight US General boxes. The quality is very good and the price was outstanding. At the time, the pair I bought was a little under $1k, with discounts.

My family bought me a Craftsmen set two fathers day ago. It is the 3000 series I think. Soft close, ball bearings, USB, 110v, etc. Love it. Still American made. Got it from Lowes.

View attachment 212126

It is big enough to have my metric and SAE separate,

View attachment 212127

View attachment 212128
Since Craftsman tools are no longer made here, at least all the ones I've looked at lately aren't, I was wondering if the boxes still were!

Reactions: Wildman
It's hit and miss with Craftsman today. I looked em over before I gave the thumbs up. My old boxes are all snap-on, but really old and tiny by comparison. I have retired two of them. One is going to get a full restore and have just my vintage stuff in there. I had my eye on offerup and CL for a nice Snap-on or Mac set but jeez, even used was big $$.

I've been really happy with mine. It's an Extreme Tools 72 x 30 which I picked up from Stricklytoolboxes.com. Every bit as sturdy and heavy as the Snap-On or Matco version, which I also considered. 6 grand compared to 15 or 20 if memory serves. Empty the thing weights about a ton.

Reactions: seabass and Wildman
I won't get the Insane head unit installed for a while yet so I can't comment on how well it works.

Snap-On makes great tool boxes and I'm always looking for a used one to come up for sale for a GREAT price.

Thank you and it's been a labor of love that is for sure.

Reactions: seabass
So just realized that the only thing I don't have is some pushrod length checkers for when I get this all back together again. More tools.

I really need a semi-small box for all my specialty tools that only get used now and then. Like all this engine rebuild stuff from the brushes to ring compressors to dial indicator bridge & other stuff.
Just thinking.

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
So just realized that the only thing I don't have is some pushrod length checkers for when I get this all back together again. More tools.

I really need a semi-small box for all my specialty tools that only get used now and then. Like all this engine rebuild stuff from the brushes to ring compressors to dial indicator bridge & other stuff.
Just thinking.
SnapOn makes a really nice 6 drawer, 24”x10”x10” box made especially for small tools. It’s $24,000.

:)

I won't get the Insane head unit installed for a while yet so I can't comment on how well it works.

Snap-On makes great tool boxes and I'm always looking for a used one to come up for sale for a GREAT price.

Thank you and it's been a labor of love that is for sure.
When I first started in the trade I never thought I'd get one, but they are great boxes. A good deal is hard to find though, like diesels and Jeeps, sellers always "know what they have"

Just thinking.
Look at a vintage Kennedy or Gerstner box for the specialty tools. Way cool looking.

When I first started in the trade I never thought I'd get one, but they are great boxes. A good deal is hard to find though, like diesels and Jeeps, sellers always "know what they have"
No arguement that they aren't GREAT toolboxes but I have no reason to spend that kind of funds on a toolbox anymore. Heck yes I'd love to get one but unless I come across someone doing a panic sale I ain't getting one.
Yes most do know and great deals are hard to come by. I missed one a few years ago when a buddy was needing CASH yesterday and had a box with all his tools for $8K..... It was the big 72" bottom & 56" top full of name brand tools.

Reactions: seabass