Will I be disappointed with Currie Antirock for on-road driving?

I have a front Antirock. It’s definitely a softer ride, but the increased body roll I could do without. Haven’t had much chance to really use it off-road. Most of my use is freeway travel.

If I were to do it again, I would go with an adjustable dual rate sway bar like the OffRoadOnly SwayLoc instead of the Antirock. It’s adjustable just like the Antirock, and also has two separate torsion bars for on-road and off-road that can be engaged at the flip of a switch.

I’m even considering ditching the Antirock and selling it to put in a SwayLoc.

Reactions: DrDmoney
On road or off, I much prefer the ride of mine with the Antirock than I did stock. Small amount more lean, but smoother more settled ride imo.

Reactions: jjvw
I have a front Antirock. It’s definitely a softer ride, but the increased body roll I could do without. Haven’t had much chance to really use it off-road. Most of my use is freeway travel.

If I were to do it again, I would go with an adjustable dual rate sway bar like the OffRoadOnly SwayLoc instead of the Antirock. It’s adjustable just like the Antirock, and also has two separate torsion bars for on-road and off-road that can be engaged at the flip of a switch.

I’m even considering ditching the Antirock and selling it to put in a SwayLoc.
I did and never looked back

I went from a broken front sway bar, to no sway bar to the anitrock and love it and the simplicity. I set it to the middle setting and it drives like any light lifted SUV. Feels about as soft as my ZJ. Maybe a bit stiffer, but it's been awhile since I've driven the ZJ. I just love the dead simple setup.

Coilovers? Where is the frame side sway bar mount relative to where the tower and frame cut needs to be?

Are we talking rear or front? The rear is on completely the other side of the axle of the shock.

IMG_20191122_150601.jpg

Bot

I dont have experience riding in a antirock tj. But here's my 2 cents.

On my way home from work today. Im Doing 50mph, and a guy in a truck pulls in front me from the right cross ways. If i had not have swerved hard left into the opposing lane i would have t boned him with my engine going through his passenger compartment.

So I swerve, and guess what? The entire front end remained rock solid, while the rear end swayed a bit on the rebound and correction back into the proper lane . ..... thank jesus there were no incoming vehicles or I would have chose to t bone the truck.

I have a properly executed 3 inch lift on 255/85r16 toyo mt tires TJR. All quality components used with?

bilstein shocks.... and jks discos.

I'm gonna stick with the engineer's design... 🍔 just a little taller.🍕🍟🥓

Last edited: