Will LED tail lights work with Towing rig?

Marc L

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I am switching to LED tail lights and adding the heavy duty flasher relay the dash to prevent the hyper flash.
My question is I tow my jeep behind my motor home. Will I need to change the flasher relays in the Motor home as well?
Thanks in advance

I am switching to LED tail lights and adding the heavy duty flasher relay the dash to prevent the hyper flash.
My question is I tow my jeep behind my motor home. Will I need to change the flasher relays in the Motor home as well?
Thanks in advance
How you modify the flasher circuit to prevent it from flashing too fast with LED lights depends on your model year. Read this information before doing anything.... http://www.stu-offroad.com/electrical/led1/led-6.htm

Due to the complexities of connecting the TJ's tail lights to your RV involving the use of diodes, I'd just install magnetic tail lights that plug directly into your RV's trailer light plug.

Reactions: Marc L
I would guess no but not 100%. What I can say is, I just installed led tails and the flash module in mine. I also had installed the module before the leds just to make sure it was the correct one and the signals worked as they should. Everything is working fine which is a combo of led and the standard bulbs.

Like Jerry said, pick up some magnetic base lights from Harbor Freight. They are about 25 bucks and work great. No tying into the factory harness either. I use them when I flat tow mine.

I bought harbor freight magnetic lights and they lasted one trip, bought a set of professional I think truck lite led ones, super happy with them.