Will YJ fenders fit on a TJ?

1997tjscantara

I am very new to forums in general also new to wranglers had many cheokees but first wrangler and I wanted to see if yj fenders will fit on my 1997 tj I like the rounded style of the factory set

Here's everything I know about that
Grilles.jpg

If all you want to change are the plastic flares, the side of both the TJ and the YJ is flat. Yes they fit but the bolt holes etc are different. And the side marker on the YJ mounts to the metal.

There is another thread which covers this.

Last edited:
If all you want to change are the plastic flares, the side of both the TJ and the YJ is flat. Yes they fit but the bolt holes etc are different. And the side marker on the YJ mounts to the metal.

There is another thread which covers this.
Thank you do you happen to know the link to it or would I just search for it? Again I apologize im green to all of this

The YJ flares might physically attach somehow, but think hard about how well they will fit a TJ. The first question I have is how the outer lip where the flare attached differ between the YJ and TJ. The wheel openings are different. The flare's position on the fender is different. Then there is the problem of the side marker.

JEEP-YJ.jpg

FOODINSTABRO+Jeep+Wrangler+TJ+-+Remove+Doors+Step+5+-+Store+doors+and+install+door-less+mirrors.jpg

The YJ flares might physically attach somehow, but think hard about how well they will fit a TJ. The first question I have is how the outer lip where the flare attached differ between the YJ and TJ. The wheel openings are different. The flare's position on the fender is different. Then there is the problem of the side marker.

View attachment 103283

View attachment 103284
Right? Most YJ folks go the other route, putting TJ flares on their YJ’s.

TJ flares will fit on the YJ.

The only reason to do this is if you have a smashed TJ and a YJ clip. Then it might be worth the headache/challenge but I would not spend any money on mixing parts.

I ran around the rabbit hole on this one too. Long story short is a credit card can make anything fit. My credit card won't. Different angles different width different curves etc. Sorry for the news.