Window Shopping for Ramp Trucks or Roll Backs

I need a front suspension from a squarebody for the brakes. I have seen what I need to get it done but ....... I am full of excuses.

It not a small job, but it’s a pretty simple nut and bolt affair for the most part. I’ve done a couple now and I think the best way is to just do the control arms and steering parts. It’s all coming apart since you’d want to replace the wear parts anyway. No need to swap the whole crossmember.
The only challenging part is the brake lines.

Last edited:
It not a small job, but it’s a pretty simple nut and bolt affair for the most part. I’ve done a couple now and I think the best way is to just do the control arms and steering parts. It’s all coming apart since you’d want to replace the wear parts anyway. No need to swap the whole crossmember.
The only challenging part is the brake lines.

But, but ...... I cannot deny the Ramp Truck sweetness.

• Love
Reactions: Wildman
But, but ...... I cannot deny the Ramp Truck sweetness.

As sweet as one of these?
LonghornDRW8.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Claytone
2005 Freightliner FS 65
Mbe 906 6.4, Allison 2000, 190k miles
Toy Hauler Skoolie Build
16' Ramp bed, 2 boxes
Hydraulic Slide out
Bunks, Fold out couch bed in slide
Full dry bathroom
84" Aluminum loading ramps
Located in Poy Sippi, WI 54967

asking $34,995

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1684198558360399/permalink/6893023820811154/

View attachment 485189

View attachment 485190

View attachment 485191

View attachment 485192

View attachment 485193

I am enjoying the school bus conversions.

Reactions: Wildman
I don’t know much about these things, but my buddy Mark showed up in Parker AZ with his new Motor toter and custom built trailer complete with custom built rock crawler in the back
1703558056595.png

1703558092304.png

It all boils down to cool cost money , how cool can you afford to be?

Me…… and I sleep at motel6
IMG_1058.jpeg

No kidding, hotels are expensive!

As much as people like to give me shit for buying a motorhome once you are spending more than a 3-4 days a month in a motel they start making sense. You've got to shop & know what you're getting into. If I was still only going to use it for short stays a truck camper is more practical.
Some of these rigs are way beyond my pay grade.