Wizard Recovery Gear

I know the rope people that is very commonly used. I'm on the fence currently but I can easily make it happen. That is an area where I struggle with color a bunch though. It is hard to say you want bright colors when we use steel cable in a silver gray with regularity. I do like the safety aspect of the bright colors but I'm very partial to how the dark gray looks spooled up on winches.

It won't take much to convince me they are a good idea.

I like the bright colors and have a new TRE rope in orange sitting on the shelf. But I’ve now got two Jeeps and will need another and the color doesn’t concern me as much for the rope as does not buying another TRE. Whatever works for you works for me.

1 ST Fairlead and 1 set of orange shackles ordered.

I didn’t know you could request stickers.

Thanks again, @mrblaine , for making these items available.

Reactions: mrblaine
And the soft shackles use the diamond knot so they are a fraction of the strength of real shackles tied with the button knot like other reputable brands, big surprise. Sucker born everyday I guess.

Oh good. You're here.

At what point is a soft shackle not strong enough? I have four of these in my recovery kit that have seen a very wide variety of heavy use and abuse with no sign of wearing out yet. When will I be forced to admit that I have been a sucker all these years?

1 ST Fairlead and 1 set of orange shackles ordered.

I didn’t know you could request stickers.

Thanks again, @mrblaine , for making these items available.

You can request stickers. If you don't specify and just say- hey, if you have some stickers, throw them in with the parts, then I go over to the random sticker box, grab some and toss them in the box.

You're welcome.

You can request stickers. If you don't specify and just say- hey, if you have some stickers, throw them in with the parts, then I go over to the random sticker box, grab some and toss them in the box.

You're welcome.

I’d like a BMB and Wizard Recovery Gear sticker, if available.

Last edited:
Name calling aside, I've tied them both and broke them,

You fit the lack of experience thing pretty well though. Tied either, probably not.

Good job comparing small apples to big oranges.

Good job comparing small apples to big oranges.

Step back, got to Bubba Rope, Rhino or even Harbor Freight and take a look at the knot. It doesn't change. My recent shackles are from 7/16" and 1/2" Dyneema, not exactly small. Sad to say you guys just don't know any better, it's just second rate with a cool brand name.

• Face Palm
Reactions: jjvw
Step back, got to Bubba Rope, Rhino or even Harbor Freight and take a look at the knot. It doesn't change. My recent shackles are from 7/16" and 1/2" Dyneema, not exactly small. Sad to say you guys just don't know any better, it's just second rate with a cool brand name.

When we see an actual problem with mine or the dozen or so in use around me, we will let you and the world know. Until then, you are here inventing false deficiencies and making irrelevant comparisons. And you know it, too.

When we see an actual problem with mine or the dozen or so in use around me, we will let you know. Until then, you are here inventing false deficiencies and making irrelevant comparisons.

Funny how you can show somebody a video of the item they are discussing failing and they still don't get it. It's not made up, that's why reputable companies use it.

Funny how you can show somebody a video of the item they are discussing failing and they still don't get it. It's not made up, that's why reputable companies use it.

I'll refer back to my earlier question regarding sufficient strength. You are ignoring it.

I'll refer back to my earlier question regarding sufficient strength. You are ignoring it.
You are paying for the dyneema, why pay more for less strength. Smaller stuff with "sufficient strength" and the correct knot would be cheaper. Like I said, defend this second rate stuff all you want, look to reputable manufacturers and you will see the correct way to do things. I have a feeling this is starting to sink in... it isn't a shade of grey here. The knot is not great and just a cheap mass produced thing before people knew better.

• Face Palm
Reactions: jjvw
You are paying for the dyneema, why pay more for less strength. Smaller stuff with "sufficient strength" and the correct knot would be cheaper. Like I said, defend this second rate stuff all you want, look to reputable manufacturers and you will see the correct way to do things. I have a feeling this is starting to sink in... it isn't a shade of grey here. The knot is not great and just a cheap mass produced thing before people knew better.

The POS Diamond knot has uprighted my flipped jeep 3 times, on top of countless other recoveries. Idk what else to ask of the knot.