WLDRYDE

@WLDRYDE I gotta say I've been on a TON of automotive forums in my time and haven't ever seen someone get so deep so quick. You firing off question after question is fun to watch and illustrates how committed you are to getting that TJ of yours exactly where you want it to be. Good stuff!

Reactions: Hog and Blondie70
@WLDRYDE I gotta say I've been on a TON of automotive forums in my time and haven't ever seen someone get so deep so quick. You firing off question after question is fun to watch and illustrates how committed you are to getting that TJ of yours exactly where you want it to be. Good stuff!
Hahaha! Thanks. Well, I've been wanting one of these for about half a century so I've got to catch up quick!

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Latest modifications:

* 2" coil spacers
* New Rancho shocks to accommodate the 2" lift.
* JKS Quick-Disconnect Sway Bar Links
* JCR Offroad Crusader Rock Sliders

So, this is my current iteration. It took me 7 months, but I've finally dialed-in my TJ to where I want it to be. (Until my next idea, of course.) :0) But this is basically what I've had in mind all my life.

Jeep TJ -  6-2020 - small.jpg

Last edited:
Nice Jeep and color combo. Not sure if tour aware but your missing the rollbar covers.

Some ditch them some don’t, I personally like them and find they add that bulk look to the Jeep.

Nice Jeep and color combo. Not sure if tour aware but your missing the rollbar covers.

Some ditch them some don’t, I personally like them and find they add that bulk look to the Jeep.
Yes, the bulky look is very popular. I'm partial to a more sparse, trim look. Hence the Sahara flares, stock wheels, etc. All that said, I may still end up with roll bar pads. My TJ actually came with some, but they were black, faded, filthy, and nasty. I had to get rid of them.

How did you decide on tan doors, was that on purpose?
Those canvas half-doors are an old color Bestop used to offer called Nutmeg. I strongly prefer it. Nutmeg is much richer than the current Spice. The Spice color is grayer. I wish I could have purchased seats and a soft top in the Nutmeg. Anyway, the doors were free, and I like that color, even if they don't match the seats. And, in actuality, the soft top is somewhere in between the two. I noticed when I got the new top in "Spice" that it didn't exactly match my new seats in "Spice."

Reactions: Chris
Those canvas half-doors are an old color Bestop used to offer called Nutmeg. I strongly prefer it. Nutmeg is much richer than the current Spice. The Spice color is grayer. I wish I could have purchased seats and a soft top in the Nutmeg. Anyway, the doors were free, and I like that color, even if they don't match the seats. And, in actuality, the soft top is somewhere in between the two. I noticed when I got the new top in "Spice" that it didn't exactly match my new seats in "Spice."

They go well with the exterior color green!

Reactions: WLDRIDE
Yes, the bulky look is very popular. I'm partial to a more sparse, trim look. Hence the Sahara flares, stock wheels, etc. All that said, I may still end up with roll bar pads. My TJ actually came with some, but they were black, faded, filthy, and nasty. I had to get rid of them.
Yea, my padding and covering was in bad condition . Not to mention the original color was also under said padding . So a little black paint later and no more padding .

Looks great, those are the same wheels I gave to the guys at Discount Tires when I put my new ones on. Love the new top too.

October, 2020:

Installed Yukon 4.88 gears in the differentials.
Installed Yukon limited-slip differential in the rear end.
Replaced the rear drive shaft.
Replaced the battery.
Replaced the alternator, belt, and pulleys.
Added a wiring harness for my overlanding camper.
Broke in the new gears and then replaced gear oil in differentials.
Repainted hood, cowl, and driver's fender, flare, and door.
Increased value on Hagerty insurance policy.

Painted TJ - email.jpg

You must be paying a premium on that Hagerty insurance. I tried to get a set value policy with them for $50,000 and they wanted $750 per month, with a flawless driving record 🤦🏻

You must be paying a premium on that Hagerty insurance. I tried to get a set value policy with them for $50,000 and they wanted $750 per month, with a flawless driving record 🤦🏻
Really? Is that just because it's a Jeep? At one point I had 3 cars insured with Hagerty with a combined value of about $40k & I was paying about $1500 a year.

Now I just have my Mercury at $20k and I think I pay about $400.

I called them too and was told insuring a Wrangler with them was "not a good fit". No real quote just a ballpark verbal that was even higher...... For a 54 yr old guy with nothing on my record. Go figure.

Reactions: Chris
Really? Is that just because it's a Jeep? At one point I had 3 cars insured with Hagerty with a combined value of about $40k & I was paying about $1500 a year.

Now I just have my Mercury at $20k and I think I pay about $400.

That could be. All I know is that the rates they were giving me were literally absurd.

I have a set value of $30K for a premium of $750 per YEAR. I don't know why you experienced what you did.