Work Bench & Garage Version 2

Well you got the frig hopefully it is full of beer

Damn right! That's its primary purpose! 🍻

Also if you but Tool boxes Facebook Market place or C-list is the place I bought both of those 1500 for the double bay w/ the side drawers (on the left) and 2k for the Triple (on the right)

Good call. Appreciate the advice.

Also Snap On has a Professional Grade Box it is the KRL the easiest way to tell is the wheels on one end will have springs (Suspension) and the Serial / Model on the back of the box will have a KR or KRL in the model number the one in pic are the Prograde boxes

Reactions: FarFire70
if you know how to use excel you can format your rows and columns to .25 and use Shapes and drop squares circles ect for blueprints

Bluprints.JPG

you can scale you drawings from 1/10 or .25

Engine Test Stand 6.jpg

Now where do you put the Mill the Lathe, the Surface grinder and the CNC Plasma Table, The Shear and pan brake, the tubing bender and the bead roller, the plasma Screen TV the Bar table and Bar stools and the Liquor Cabinet and snooker table
What ever you do DONT RENT A HANGER because you will wind up with an airplane dont ask me how i know this
oh yeah rent a hanger it will be cheap 40x 45 its the perfect shop 475 a month hell yeah

IMG_3849.JPG

plane 1.JPG

You think Jeep guys are bad Ha

Last edited:
Now where do you put the Mill the Lathe, the Surface grinder and the CNC Plasma Table, The Shear and pan brake, the tubing bender and the bead roller, the plasma Screen TV the Bar table and Bar stools and the Liquor Cabinet and snooker table

Got the TV covered. ;)

Older pictures. Added newer Nova championship & Eagle Super Bowl win. Garage gotta balance function and celebrating sports wins (y)

IMG_20160515_092148075.jpg

The rest of the equipment on your list.... I KNOW! Right!?!?! I did not plan ahead when buying this house... o_O

Waited longer than I should have to get planning the details of the workbench from the generic model in the earlier posts to a 'cut lumber' based model.

Over the past few days, I put together the following:

Workbench 1.png

Workbench 2.png

Workbench 3.png

Workbench 4.png

Workbench 5.png

The overall workbench is 130" -> 65" x2 sectionals

Wanted to go with easy lumber options so this design comes out to:

(x9) 4x4
(x19) 2x4
(x7) 4'x8' Plywood sanded 15/32"
(x2) 4'x8' Plywood sanded 23/32"
(x1) 4'x8' Plywood hardwood 1/4"

I plan to use the 23/32 as the top of the workbench with the 1/4" on top as a 'consumable' top. ` 65" of the 23/32" will span the 2 sectionals with 2 32.5" sections at each end. This strengthens the joint between the two sectionals and I can reuse the 1 x 65" section on one sectional when I eventually replace the one sectional (closest to the air compressor) with a 56" tool chest from HF.

I'm moving the vice to the middle of the workbench from the current location near the air compressor. This way I can work with longer items (not jammed in a corner). I added a second 4x4 under the vice (you can somewhat see this in the third picture).

I'm adding backing to most of the shelves as my garage foundation has a rim that kicks out everything on the floor 2-3" from the walls. So the backing will keep things from falling off the back of the shelves.

I plan to add a lip/backsplash of 3-4" on the workbench to also avoid items rolling off the back. But I haven't figured out what I want to do. May just screw in a 2x4" on the top or a 2x6 across the back. But still thinking on this...

I'm still working on hardware. I plan to maximize pocket holes and will add metal braces where I have any concern on strength. Still picking screws - welcome feedback or thoughts.

Planning to pick up the lumber next weekend, life & weather permitting...

Appreciate any feedback before I jump into this build.

I used some lag screws to secure it, that way easy to move it if I need to.

I can't directly attach to the walls because of the foundation which has about a 3" curtain.

I do plan to use lag bolts into the pieces securing the vise to add strength.

I also plan to figure a way to success the shelving unit to the wall even tho it'll be tied into the workbench.

With 10 foot ceilings there is a huge opportunity for storage, I ran John Sterling shelf systems with shelves starting at 5" AFF all the way up and I ordered a 3 (or is it 4?) step industrial rolling ladder to easily access it all. My ceilings start at 12' and taper down to 11 in the back (flat roof). In a smaller garage you probably don't need or want the rolling ladder though, just a stepladder kept handy.

My lower shelves are 12" deep and they get deeper as you go up with the tops being 24" deep. The John Sterling system lets you choose different depths and you can change the height position any time, and they hold a tremendous amount of weight.

If you can get your hands on some decent thickness stainless sheet it makes a great workbench top.

Also for a bench top drill press you can install it on a router table. I put one of mine on a DeWalt rolling router table, I first installed a 3/16" steel top and bolted the press to that.

Reactions: FarFire70