Would adding 1" body lift to 4" suspension lift look silly with 33s?

starkey480

Jeep parts inbound
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Would adding a 1 inch body lift to a 4 inch suspension lift on 33s look silly? Anyone have any pics? Thanks

4" +1" and 33"s

20190813_113909.jpg

20190526_110305.jpg

20190627_122344.jpg

Thanks guys. I actually already have the body lift on and a 2 inch suspension lift. I want to go to 4 inch Currie so that in the future I can run 35s if I want but just wanted to make sure it still looks good with the 33s in the meantime!

Reactions: MaloStapalo
Thanks guys. I actually already have the body lift on and a 2 inch suspension lift. I want to go to 4 inch Currie so that in the future I can run 35s if I want but just wanted to make sure it still looks good with the 33s in the meantime!
If you go with a Currie lift you will be very happy, I love mine and it drive terrific. You can get away with just this lift for 33's but you will need the BL to run 35's. This is my 05 with just the Curie lift on 35's before I added the BL.

11_zps642c32b2.jpg

1_zps5f5359d7.JPG

I'm in the same boat, thx for posting this thread

Reactions: starkey480
When I first read this thread I thought WTF? How much friggin' extra space do you need without the biggest tires that will fit there? I thought 33s would just look too small.

Then I saw the pictures posted by Malosapalo and Kris M and my position has changed.

Of course Plumber1's TJ looks good too.

When I first read this thread I thought WTF? How much friggin' extra space do you need without the biggest tires that will fit there? I thought 33s would just look too small.

Then I saw the pictures posted by Malosapalo and Kris M and my position has changed.

Of course Plumber1's TJ looks good too.
Yeah a 4 inch suspension lift with 1 inch body is commonly used to fit 35s so I didn’t know if 33s would look like skateboard wheels or not but I think it looks great! Thanks for the pics guys!

4" is a good minimum for bolt on 33s. 5" is a good minimum for bolt on 35s. There is more you can do if you have the extra space.

That is my plan, 4 inch Currie (already have the BL) and run 33s (255/85 16s most likely maybe 285/75 16s). I want to outboard, and I'm looking forward to the added space for travel.

I personally like the look with the 33s. Plus the weight difference I would a guess a good bit different also. As I have gotten older compared to my juvenile days. Stopping an not breaking ujoints an axles are a concern that I think about. It seems like when I didn’t have money to really fix these issues I didn’t care. Now I can afford to break these items ,I to look at my options because I don’t want to waste my money.
Just getting old I guess or wiser.

Great thread & pics. I was afraid a 3" lift and 33's would be too much space but seeing how great it looks even with 5" of lift, I'm considering if I need more room.

Great thread & pics. I was afraid a 3" lift and 33's would be too much space but seeing how great it looks even with 5" of lift, I'm considering if I need more room.

Some of what you are seeing is the difference in focus between aesthetics and function. While I do care deeply about aesthetics, my Jeep fundamentally looks the way it does largely due to function.

Reactions: pirat3j