WranglerFix = Awesome

AudieMurphy

Hey all,
I think the title to this thread says it all, but I want to add a little context. Sometime around February I got gas in my 2005 TJ Sport, and left the gas cap on the pump. I went back after about 2 miles of driving and grabbed it and put it back on. My check engine light came on, and I figured that's what it was. But the light didn't go off. I went to my mechanic, who read the codes, and thus started my investigation into my pcm. I put a new belt on it and battery, with no help. I then posted on this website, and found out it was the inevitability of the failure of the PCM.
I was informed to call Mark at wranglerfix.com. First, I looked up several other options, but ALL roads lead to Mark Cantrell @ Wranglerfix.com. Although I wasn't experiencing any problems, he regrettably told me that I eventually will. He was right. Since my other Jeep is a Jeep GC, I waited a bit, then ordered it. The PCM arrived promptly, and I installed it within minutes. The easiest job I ever did on that 05 Wrangler after 13 years of ownership.
Moral of the story, if you have an 05-06 wrangler, and this happens to you, call Mark! He messaged me on Saturday and said to call him on Sunday, that he didn't mind. The man is honest, and true to his word. That matters a lot to me, and he and I have had many conversations, and I'm proud to call him "a true friend". My Jeep has been running straight and true for a couple weeks now, and many miles of drive time.
I would NEVER write such things, if not true. You don't have to trust me, just call him and you'll see for yourself!
Thanks Mark (@Wranglerfix), you're a life saver!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all,
I think the title to this thread says it all, but I want to add a little context. Sometime around February I got gas in my 2005 TJ Sport, and left the gas cap on the pump. I went back after about 2 miles of driving and grabbed it and put it back on. My check engine light came on, and I figured that's what it was. But the light didn't go off. I went to my mechanic, who read the codes, and thus started my investigation into my pcm. I put a new belt on it and battery, with no help. I then posted on this website, and found out it was the inevitability of the failure of the PCM.
I was informed to call Mark at wranglerfix.com. First, I looked up several other options, but ALL roads lead to Mark Cantrell @ Wranglerfix.com. Although I wasn't experiencing any problems, he regrettably told me that I eventually will. He was right. Since my other Jeep is a Jeep GC, I waited a bit, then ordered it. The PCM arrived promptly, and I installed it within minutes. The easiest job I ever did on that 05 Wrangler after 13 years of ownership.
Moral of the story, if you have an 05-06 wrangler, and this happens to you, call Mark! He messaged me on Saturday and said to call him on Sunday, that he didn't mind. The man is honest, and true to his word. That matters a lot to me, and he and I have had many conversations, and I'm proud to call him "a true friend". My Jeep has been running straight and true for a couple weeks now, and many miles of drive time.
I would NEVER write such things, if not true. You don't have to trust me, just call him and you'll see for yourself!
Thanks Mark, you're a life saver!

Although I've never had to talk with Mark, hearing stories like this gives me faith that there are still great people in this country. I don't know you Mark, but thanks for helping others, while still being a person of high integrity. This is exactly the model more in this country should follow!

Hey all,
I'm in the middle of an issue, I get the p0700 (transmission) with no other codes every now and again...it comes and goes for a few years now...everytime I try and diagnose it...clears..so I thought TCM, got a new PCM/TCM from wrangler fix, after installing and driving less than 5 miles got p0016 (cam positioning sensor). Now a year ago I had this code and replaced OPDA to correct it. Yes my OPDA was original and showed all the wear signs..anyway I emailed Wrangler Fix, Mark called me had me send back the module and is working on my issue..note my old module is in with no errors at this time. Point is Mark and Wranglerfix stand by there product and will do everything to help you resolve the issue.

Ya, I get that PCMs go bad but it's usually the fantom transmission code, hard shifting etc...not having a gas cap on trips a lot of vehicles CEL and just about every autoparts store can clear it.

Reactions: Wranglerfix
Is this issue only limited to 05-06 with the 42RLE? Was there a different PCM used for these Jeeps than previous Wranglers? I've read about this issue but have no experience with it.

Is this issue only limited to 05-06 with the 42RLE? Was there a different PCM used for these Jeeps than previous Wranglers? I've read about this issue but have no experience with it.

Yes the PCM's changed over the years. For 42rle jeeps, 03-04 used a PCM and a seperate TCM. 05-06 used a PCM that has the TCM integral to the PCM.

I have liked and enjoyed the Jeeps that I have owned but have called them cheep Jeep. They are over priced for what they are and have so many poor feathers. One of many being the PCM. I don't like China cars but do Honda PCM's go bad?

Hey all,
Quick update, PCM has been working great, and Mr. Mark Cantrell @ wranglerfix.com, has called several times to follow up on how she's been running. Then to go the "extra, extra mile", he sent me a nice 30 ounce insulated Tumbler (see pics).
Thanks again Mark! I hope you branch out into all Jeep parts, and crush Quadratec!

Wrangler Mug 1.jpg

Wrangler Mug 2.jpg

I have liked and enjoyed the Jeeps that I have owned but have called them cheep Jeep. They are over priced for what they are and have so many poor feathers. One of many being the PCM. I don't like China cars but do Honda PCM's go bad?
I replaced PCM's in both of my Honda Aquatrax personal water crafts so I say yes, Honda PCM's go bad.

Hey all,
I agree 100%. My father in law has an 05 that was shifting hard and crazy shifting on it's own. Stealership ripped him off and rebuilt the trans but no fix. After research I called Mark at wranglerfix, got the PCM, and it has been running perfect for over a year now. Don't bother researching any further. No one is going to beat the product or service. Like others have said, thank you Mark for being a man of your word and offering a great product!

Hello,
I was very shocked to read such a post in this forum. which begs the question, why not sell it an buy a Honda? The "cheep Jeep [sic]", has a great resale value and I'm sure you can get a big bang for your buck on the used Honda market. So, it seems rather obvious, that you are not an owner since they are over priced and "have so many poor feathers". Which begs even more questions (this is kind of like the movie Joe Dirt).
Have a great day, and don't let those stupid American vehicles stand in your way. As Honda and Jeep were both created during WW2, although I like my vehicles born of Freedom and not servility to a God who was also a living young Man . The ideologies that born these two ideas, is as different as the vehicles the represent. The non-conformist and freedom loving Jeep, or the "stay on the road", or "follow the Emperor who is encouraging you to give up your life, and not for the country, but for him" narrative...
Did you say that the Honda is a Chinese Car?? Or are you implying that a Japanese company would have it's PCM's made in China?

Confused in Seattle