WTB: Jeep Wrangler TJ Mopar Rock Crawler Rear Bumper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I'm looking for a Mopar rock crawler rear bumper (to match my front bumper). I found one, but the seller seems like a complete flake, is almost impossible to get ahold of, and I'm not sure I trust (after lots of back-and-forth conversations). That being said, if anyone out there has one they are looking to sell, please let me know by sending me a private message.

Thanks in advance!

6e29dd1d66fb351b762c44d8e9889270.jpg

I'm looking for a Mopar rock crawler rear bumper (to match my front bumper). I found one, but the seller seems like a complete flake, is almost impossible to get ahold of, and I'm not sure I trust (after lots of back-and-forth conversations). That being said, if anyone out there has one they are looking to sell, please let me know by sending me a private message.

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 29618
Chris Chris Chris always hit me back up if a sale doesn't work out, I have found other people selling them as well ;).

Very disappointed to find out the first guy was a flake.

Chris Chris Chris always hit me back up if a sale doesn't work out, I have found other people selling them as well ;).

Very disappointed to find out the first guy was a flake.

It took him almost a week to get back to me, then I asked him if he would ship it and he said, "Well, that would be awfully expensive.". I told him I don't care, I'll print a shipping label via UPS and send it to you. Then he said, "Well, let me take some photos for you and then we'll talk.".

I never got the photos, so I just gave up. I figure if someone is going to be that slow to respond to me, they are probably not going to be the type of person I am going to have a pleasant transaction with.

I've been searching all over trying to find a rear bumper that might look good with the front, but it seems this is the only one that is going to compliment it nicely IMHO.

Reactions: Starrs
It took him almost a week to get back to me, then I asked him if he would ship it and he said, "Well, that would be awfully expensive.". I told him I don't care, I'll print a shipping label via UPS and send it to you. Then he said, "Well, let me take some photos for you and then we'll talk.".

I never got the photos, so I just gave up. I figure if someone is going to be that slow to respond to me, they are probably not going to be the type of person I am going to have a pleasant transaction with.

I've been searching all over trying to find a rear bumper that might look good with the front, but it seems this is the only one that is going to compliment it nicely IMHO.
It all depends for the look you are going for. There is one guy super nice local to Atlanta who is selling one for $200.00. very light surface rust but a hell of a deal. I was going to pull the trigger before I realized I need a hitch.

I am more than happy to contact him on your behalf and see if he is willing to ship it.

What do you need from YOUR rear bumper? :)

I'll have to think really hard if the ARB is what I would want.
The more I look at the newer ARB rear bumper, the more I like it. Dangerous thing the internet is. I've already got one really expensive thing that popped up for sale I'm looking at, the last thing I need is to flip out my pocket searching for nickles ;).

Reactions: Chris and Starrs
@Chris you ship me a new ARB with carrier might get it done ;)

What do those even cost? I’m guessing at least $800?

Truth be told, I would get one if I was going to run larger tires. But with only 31” tires, I don’t need a tire carrier bumper.

It all depends for the look you are going for. There is one guy super nice local to Atlanta who is selling one for $200.00. very light surface rust but a hell of a deal. I was going to pull the trigger before I realized I need a hitch.

I am more than happy to contact him on your behalf and see if he is willing to ship it.

What do you need from YOUR rear bumper? :)

I’d like to see photos of it first of course, but assuming it was just light surface rust, I could pay $150 or so and have a new powder coat put on it and everything. But yeah, I am interested pending photos!

Truth be told, I would get one if I was going to run larger tires. But with only 31” tires, I don’t need a tire carrier bumper.

I’d like to see photos of it first of course, but assuming it was just light surface rust, I could pay $150 or so and have a new powder coat put on it and everything. But yeah, I am interested pending photos!
When I originally contacted him these are what he sent me:

26175795_10156932931774115_1652701507_n.jpg
26174812_10156932931779115_996243494_n.jpg
26174996_10156932931734115_864860137_n.jpg
26105714_10156932931909115_1557116734_n.jpg
26135232_10156932931939115_1724699481_n.jpg
26176275_10156932931929115_1926279083_n.jpg
26134988_10156932931809115_1301327293_n.jpg

You can always do what I was considering and just run the beefy rear bumper.

Wait, is that a chunk missing from the metal in the 3rd photo?

Also, what’s the beefy rear bumper?

Man they are 1400 bucks for the ARB and carrier lol. I was kidding, but if somebody shipped me one I would hand over the rock crawler rear. That's the only other bumper I would rather have than what I have now.

Man they are 1400 bucks for the ARB and carrier lol. I was kidding, but if somebody shipped me one I would hand over the rock crawler rear. That's the only other bumper I would rather have than what I have now.

$1400!? Holy cow... that thing better be crafted by the hand of god himself. The quality for that price is second to none?

Photos of said bumper?

Reactions: Starrs
Status
Not open for further replies.