FREE WTT want to trade Savvy rear bumper for half doors

I think Facebook subsidizes marketplace shipping so if you want a "cheat code" for better rates, list the parts on marketplace, let the buyer buy it from you through that, and use their built-in shipping system. I've seen it cut as much as 50% off the regular retail shipping price.
True? I didn't know this. The doors are listed on MP but I didn't have shipping as an option.
I have the rear bumper that matches your front one.
Tell me more. I like the rear bumper I have but have been looking for a super light camp trailer and don't want to add a bolt on tow bar.

True? I didn't know this. The doors are listed on MP but I didn't have shipping as an option.

Tell me more. I like the rear bumper I have but have been looking for a super light camp trailer and don't want to add a bolt on tow bar.

I'm not sure about Marketplace but when I ship through ebay I get an amazing discount. I just shipped a transmission from Washington State to Arizona for $80 through ebay. I would imagine if I had brought the same package into a retail UPS facility it would have been triple that much or more. (100 pounds).

I learned of it in 2021 selling some upper soft doors. I had them listed as local pickup only but a guy from the east coast reached out to me and told me about this. I added shipping as an option and he initiated the transaction through the listing and the shipping came out dramatically less than what I had gotten going straight to UPS and FedEx websites.

The big downside is it requires you to connect Facebook (of all entities) with your bank account, since they mediate the transaction and pay you through direct deposit. I hadn't done that up to that point, but I didn't have high hopes for selling a set of YJ soft uppers that only fit Bestop or JCR trail doors so I went for it so I could finally unload them.

I learned of it in 2021 selling some upper soft doors. I had them listed as local pickup only but a guy from the east coast reached out to me and told me about this. I added shipping as an option and he initiated the transaction through the listing and the shipping came out dramatically less than what I had gotten going straight to UPS and FedEx websites.

The big downside is it requires you to connect Facebook (of all entities) with your bank account, since they mediate the transaction and pay you through direct deposit. I hadn't done that up to that point, but I didn't have high hopes for selling a set of YJ soft uppers that only fit Bestop or JCR trail doors so I went for it so I could finally unload them.

@Zorba Would disapprove on so many levels 😅😅

I'm not sure about Marketplace but when I ship through ebay I get an amazing discount. I just shipped a transmission from Washington State to Arizona for $80 through ebay. I would imagine if I had brought the same package into a retail UPS facility it would have been triple that much or more. (100 pounds).

The big downside is it requires you to connect Facebook (of all entities) with your bank account, since they mediate the transaction and pay you through direct deposit. I hadn't done that up to that point, but I didn't have high hopes for selling a set of YJ soft uppers that only fit Bestop or JCR trail doors so I went for it so I could finally unload them
Did you have to pack it?
I can set up a 'burner' account with my bank in about five minutes. Stand alone account linked to nothing,

Did you have to pack it?
I can set up a 'burner' account with my bank in about five minutes. Stand alone account linked to nothing,

I did but I had the remaining packaging from a different set of soft uppers so it was easy. That can definitely add up to a surprising expense if you have to buy a box and stuffing.

I did but I had the remaining packaging from a different set of soft uppers so it was easy. That can definitely add up to a surprising expense if you have to buy a box and stuffing.
My thoughts as well. I wouldn't know where to begin with packing up a set of half doors..

Reactions: RINC
I'm pretty sure I called Motobilt to inquire about that bumper and was told it isn't tow rated. That said, I am looking at a Tentrax or Dinoot trailer.. Neither of which weigh much of anything.

Up to you. That’s the one I have on hand.

OMG! I sold my soul for rock and roll.
Jamming Rock N Roll GIF by Foo Fighters

Reactions: PurpleTJAZ