Your go to beer or liquor

A huge number of different Beers mentioned by a bunch of members posting.

A couple of them mentioning PBR along with Porters and/or Stouts seemed weird to me but now they have me thinking. About 30 years ago my beer drinking varied from whatever was cheapest (anyone remember USA Beer?) to Budweiser. Having randomly tried both the PBR and Rolling Rock (which I didn't notice being mentioned) and not liking either due to their similar taste, I've avoided them ever since. Over the years my drinking tastes led me to avoid most American beers, light beers, and all IPAs and focus on the Porters and Stouts and other non-IPA Canadian and European brews. Well a little over 2 years ago I was in a bad accident which I've mostly recovered from. It changed a lot of things in my life (which I won't get into here but may post in a new thread in Off Topic) including, to some degree, my ability to taste. I'm not sure why but I tried an IPA while recovering and I liked it. At this point I've tried a bunch and like most of them although I couldn't come up with the names of any of them, great or not so good. So now my list is Porters, Stouts and IPAs but due to the couple of posts I mentioned I feel like I need to try PBR (and Rolling Rock) just to see what happens.

Never done it but there is a new legal option in Canada.... and I live in the valley where the best BC Bud is grown....

Screen-Shot-2018-07-16-at-9.20.43-AM.png

Reactions: DEValken
Bringing this thread back--Weller 107. Was told it was a real good Bourbon for $50-60. Researching it, and I am seeing prices from $150 up to $300. Whats up?

Bringing this thread back--Weller 107. Was told it was a real good Bourbon for $50-60. Researching it, and I am seeing prices from $150 up to $300. Whats up?

You used to be able to find various wellers for super cheap, when you could find them. I guess the word got out since even the well one that was pretty good is 3x the price it used to be.

• Sad
Reactions: tworley
Yeah, makes it no fun to drink anymore. Just save the money for Jeep parts.

Speaking of Jeep parts, anyone got their Blaine Special 4340 Tie Rod yet?

Yeah, makes it no fun to drink anymore. Just save the money for Jeep parts.

Speaking of Jeep parts, anyone got their Blaine Special 4340 Tie Rod yet?
I am seeing rave reviews about the 107, which makes it tempting because now I really want to try it! My typical limit is somewhere around $60-80 though.

My wife and I went to the Stanly Hotel here in CO one year for a weekend of frivolous spending to treat ourselves. They have a whiskey bar and I had a glass of Orphan Barrel, it was a $50 pour at dinner. Ill damned though if that wasnt some real good whiskey. I have been looking for it ever since but I havent been able to find one for under $500. Was looking today and they have dropped considerably in price to around $200-300 (which is still insanely high).

Received my special tie rod last night(y)

• Wow
Reactions: rasband and JMT
I am seeing rave reviews about the 107, which makes it tempting because now I really want to try it! My typical limit is somewhere around $60-80 though.

My wife and I went to the Stanly Hotel here in CO one year for a weekend of frivolous spending to treat ourselves. They have a whiskey bar and I had a glass of Orphan Barrel, it was a $50 pour at dinner. Ill damned though if that wasnt some real good whiskey. I have been looking for it ever since but I havent been able to find one for under $500. Was looking today and they have dropped considerably in price to around $200-300 (which is still insanely high).

Received my special tie rod last night(y)
I know now why I stick with beer. Actually, I've kinda laid off that too. I can get angry if I cross a line, so not worth it. Usually I'm fine though.

When I have whiskey I can get in real trouble. I think that's because I drink it like beer.

You got special tie rod because you special! I didn't get mine yet. 😭

Beer- it changes throughout the seasons. Lately Dos Equis Especial and Amber but I enjoy High Life. Honeybird and Coors light.

Bourbon- I like it too much to buy top shelf so in the cabinet now that’s open is Russell’s reserve 10 year. 1792. Bird dog. Buffalo Trace. Elijah Craig
Unopened until a very special occasion Henry McKenna 10yr BIB. Weller. Knob 12yr single barrel. Stuff is just getting too hard to find or crazy mark ups.

Ah lad. The Mcewan's is top shelf stuff. Used to bring 4 cases of it along 6 bottles of Jager on camping trips.
Never heard of it. I'll try to find some. Thanks!

"Oh, and I ceased to be called laddie when I entered the King's commission." - Chariots of Fire

Reactions: RINC