04 LJK Repair, Redo, Recycle - The 3 R's of a First Build

I am but the ferry hill is the only hill long and steady enough where i've managed to get my old temp gauge (mounted on aux filter) to go over 220F.

Should be able to get the temp up on this bad boy :D and it should be in your neck of the woods.
I should add the the elementary is at the top of the hill. It's fun to go down too. I got up to 55 on my crappy mountain bike.

Untitled.jpg

Hah nice! Good looking out. I'll try it out. Wow i've clocked 50 on a road bike but crappy mtn bike would be terrifying.

• Haha
Reactions: Vasq
Hah nice! Good looking out. I'll try it out. Wow i've clocked 50 on a road bike but crappy mtn bike would be terrifying.
It was terrifying haha. I was 14 and all my friends and I had were our crappy mountain bikes. we all lived out there and would ride into town for slurppee's, we'd always take dutch hill home just to haul ass down it.

Reactions: Squatch
So i took my doors off so i could do the wiring easier for my transmission temp gauge and then realized is is REALLY nice driving with no doors but i do want mirrors but daaaam those ones that plug into the door hinge or super terrible looking. This dude cannot abide. I ordered some UTV mirrors that mount to the roll cage.

First I'm going to try these ones:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y5NPX28/?tag=wranglerorg-20

If those don't work then I'm to try the TMR customs ones, these are DIY weld so i can bend up some metal and extend the mounts to be just where i want them. Unfortunately they're $200!! So I'll try the $100 bolt on ones and go to TMRs if needed. I do love a good inconsequential weld project.
https://www.tmrcustoms.com/products/universal-mirror-mounts
Surprisingly I haven't seen many cage mounted mirrors for doors off TJs but seems like a good place to mount them.

Reactions: TJ Starting
I think these will work nicely. The tube clamp is a bit big for my 1.75" tube on the A pillar but 1 wrap with silicon tape and it squeezes up great. I actually prefer having the tape in there as it marks the location well for removal and also probably helps with slipping under vibration.

IMG_20200527_103935.jpg

IMG_20200527_103953.jpg

I think these will work nicely. The tube clamp is a bit big for my 1.75" tube on the A pillar but 1 wrap with silicon tape and it squeezes up great. I actually prefer having the tape in there as it marks the location well for removal and also probably helps with slipping under vibration.

View attachment 164928

View attachment 164929
Ah, how adorably cute. Steampunk Dumbo ears. I want some.

Sorry I'm new and maybe this was mentioned.. But are those 5.9 ZJ hood vents?!
yes just put those in a page or so ago. They're working pretty well. I know i would dump more heat if I pulled the drip trays, but i like the trays.

Reactions: Squatch and AgentLJ