@Blackjack . Just want to make sure this is correct for the A, F1, and F2 connections on the Warn XD9000i.
View attachment 326242
If so, I had the F1 and F2 reversed and it killed my battery after a couple attempts to turn the drum with the remote. I just had the hot and ground touching my battery rather than bolted on, which may have also been a problem.
Just saw this after spending far too long getting to Nashville. Let me see what I can do tomorrow after I recuperate.

Reactions: JMT
So having the field connections (f1 and f2) reversed should on make the drum direction backwards. Check where the armature connection is. Post up a pic of your pack and I will take a look and see if anything looks askew.

Just have to add the Warn decal!

0131BED1-A497-42E0-8FF3-3077789CAF77.jpeg

Good job. Looks good on the front of your rig. And you can check off another accomplishment. Just look at all the new things you've learned owning your Jeep.

Good job. Looks good on the front of your rig. And you can check off another accomplishment. Just look at all the new things you've learned owning your Jeep.
Yeah, now I know 1/256th of what you know Wildman!

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman
Yeah, now I know 1/256th of what you know Wildman!

While I appreciate that I don't think it's anywhere near that. And you sir are a lot smarter than this old soldier. We need to figure out a time to meet up so I can give you those skids and uni-bearings for the twins Jeeps. I'm sure before I'm done with mine I'll find some other stuff to donate.

While I appreciate that I don't think it's anywhere near that. And you sir are a lot smarter than this old soldier. We need to figure out a time to meet up so I can give you those skids and uni-bearings for the twins Jeeps. I'm sure before I'm done with mine I'll find some other stuff to donate.
Probably not that smart, but sacrifice and problem-solving skills are just as valuable if not more Rick. Keep up the great work over there. 😉

The Rubicon is giving us fits. It will take time, but it will get there, I think…

Reactions: Alex01 and Wildman
Awesome work at bringing this back to life. @Blackjack is an invaluable resource for winch knowledge! BTW, I see a Jeep collection there as well! :love:
BTW, so far I love this winch. That drum moves! They are soo well made. It’s so much faster than my SuperWinch. I’m looking forward to the speed when we need it on the trail!

BTW, so far I love this winch. That drum moves! They are soo well made. It’s so much faster than my SuperWinch. I’m looking forward to the speed when we need it on the trail!
I've had my Superwinch epi 9.0 for more than 10 years now. It has an incredibly fast line speed, at 6.4 feet per minute. Also, at 5.6 hp, and with a sealed submersible solenoid, it was ahead of its time. The only reason I switched to a Warn XP, was because the epi is a pig. Even with synthetic line, it was almost 100 lbs. The XP has a 6.0 hp motor, 6.2 feet per minute line speed, and weighs around 55 lbs, with synthetic line and a hawse fairlead.

cfedpdz-jpg.236426

I've had my Superwinch epi 9.0 for more than 10 years now. It has an incredibly fast line speed, at 6.4 feet per minute. Also, at 5.6 hp, and with a sealed submersible solenoid, it was ahead of its time. The only reason I switched to a Warn XP, was because the epi is a pig. Even with synthetic line, it was almost 100 lbs. The XP has a 6.0 hp motor, 6.2 feet per minute line speed, and weighs around 55 lbs, with synthetic line and a hawse fairlead.

cfedpdz-jpg.236426
IDK how much the Epi weighed, but this XD9000i is a pig of 85lbs. That probably includes the cable, so I’ll lose a few pounds with synthetic. I can only find the No load line speed for this one, which is fast, even for a Warn: 38ft/min. That will drop a lot under a heavy load.

I've pretty much decided I'm going to a 17" wheel. I really wanted to stay with 15", and I have plenty of tire choices that I would be happy with, but after more research I think the pros of a 17" wheel outweigh those of a 15". It doesn't even have much to do with the direction of the market or load, it's probably mainly in more on-road stability with a 8-9" sidewall height over 10". I don't think there is much if any advantage aired down on a 15 vs 17 with a 35" tire. The other thing is that wheels are getting so expensive that I'm already at $225 or so just for a regular sucky wheel, so why not spend twice that and go to beadlocks. That said, I won't do it just yet, though I do have two sets picked out. I'm currently riding on a set of 35 KM3's with about 4K on them. I could sell them and go all in on 17" beadlocks and tires, but I'm in no hurry. Other things like welding projects for this year and some more painting if I can. I've got a bulged disc pinching a nerve and it pretty much debilitates me, so I have to get that all worked out. Plus I have the Rubicon to get in order before end of Summer, so I'm plenty busy. At any rate, thought I would share that. There's a lot more to the discussion and reasoning.