06 Wrangler Unlimited - Tire Advice?

View attachment 13792 On a bone stock unlimited I would think you should be able to run 31's no problem.

If you are planning on staying stock for the lift of the tires I would recommend 31x10.50x15. With this option you shouldn't need to modify anything and your tailgate will be just fine with the weight of the tire.
X2. I wouldn't go to a 32 unless you have a Rubicon (4.10 gears). For anything more than that you'll need to lift and change your gears (unless you want a real dog on the road).

Reactions: Chris
Hey All,

I just grabbed a 2.5 OME Lift with 285/75/16 GY Duratracs. They only come in load E. I have read a lot of varying opinions on this...am I going to regret this ride if I am doing some DD and light to medium off-road? I went with those because they only have load E in that size, I wanted true 33 inch tires and not the 32.6BFGS

Also, this is my 06 LJ that this is going on. Thanks!

Hey All,

I just grabbed a 2.5 OME Lift with 285/75/16 GY Duratracs. They only come in load E. I have read a lot of varying opinions on this...am I going to regret this ride if I am doing some DD and light to medium off-road? I went with those because they only have load E in that size, I wanted true 33 inch tires and not the 32.6BFGS

Also, this is my 06 LJ that this is going on. Thanks!

This is why everybody recommends 15x8 wheels. You have a much better selection of tires and they are cheaper.

It seems to be pretty well accepted on this forum you should only be running load C tires on a TJ. Tires are not cheap, I would invest in some 15x8 wheels, you can get nice ones for around $100 a piece and this would be offset a bit by the savings on the tires.