15% Ethanol is on the way

Jmac00

TJ Enthusiast
Lifetime Supporting Member
Thats right, the Chinese Communist Party Chairman, Jodong Xiden is quietly increasing the ethanol content to 15%
Most small engines will not be able to handle this blend. I guess the CCP Chairman Xiden is forcing ALL small motors to electric as fast as possible.

This could be a problem for us, that own Jeeps made before 2001.

https://www.1011now.com/2022/06/04/...that-must-be-blended-with-gas/?outputType=amp

Thats right, the Chinese Communist Party Chairman, Jodong Xiden is quietly increasing the ethanol content to 15%
Most small engines will not be able to handle this blend. I guess the CCP Chairman Xiden is forcing ALL small motors to electric as fast as possible.

This could be a problem for us, that own Jeeps made before 2001.

https://www.1011now.com/2022/06/04/...that-must-be-blended-with-gas/?outputType=amp
What does 2001 signify on our TJs where Ethanol is concerned?

Ethanol sure fucks up anything with any plastic content. My lawn mower carburetor had more plastic content than I was aware of and standard pump gasoline in California totally fucked them up. They wouldn't last long, I replaced the carburetors several times. I replaced one lawn mower before I realized replacing the carburetor would have fixed it. When the replacement was needing yet another carburetor I sold it to a lawn mower repair shop and bought a Toro 60 volt electric lawn mower. Fucking Ethanol!!!! :mad:

Reactions: 2001slvrstntj
Maybe I missed it, but I didn’t see anything in that article indicating that the % ethanol is going up. Only the total quantity of ethanol blended into the nations gasoline supply. And mandating a % increase to 15% doesn’t seem likely any time soon. Still waaay too many vehicles on the road requiring gas with max of 10% ethanol

I read that it is temporary and the proposal is to lift the ban on sales during the coming summer months. Reason is to reduce fuel prices by a few cents per gallon. And it will still only be sold at stations currently equipped to store and dispense E15.

Reactions: tworley
It may be cheaper but it also results in fewer mpg. My Silverado went from 19 mpg to 13 mpg. Doing the math came out to more expensive. Seeing as they predict a food shortage we might need to eat the corn and ride a bicycle. Ahh the health benefits in our future.

15% is usually banned in the summer months because it contributes to high levels of smog. This is likely short term just to help lower prices. Its been done in the past

Reactions: Chris
We have a pretty good number of stations that carry ethanol free regular, and a growing number of stations that sell ethanol free premium.

Reactions: matkal

Ethanol sure fucks up anything with any plastic content. My lawn mower carburetor had more plastic content than I was aware of and standard pump gasoline in California totally fucked them up. They wouldn't last long, I replaced the carburetors several times. I replaced one lawn mower before I realized replacing the carburetor would have fixed it. When the replacement was needing yet another carburetor I sold it to a lawn mower repair shop and bought a Toro 60 volt electric lawn mower. Fucking Ethanol!!!! :mad:

I should have posted 2005, when ethanol was introduced

We have a pretty good number of stations that carry ethanol free regular, and a growing number of stations that sell ethanol free premium.

at what cost?? ethanol free is expensive.

I get ethanol free fuel for all my small motors, and I put Marine grade Sta-bil in it. I have 5gal gas cans at my seasonal property in the Adirondacks that are a year old, and the gas is still good. I use it in my 25hp outboard boat motor, Stihl chainsaw, both the 250 and the 150, and my 2cyc weedwhacker. and when I had a lawn mower. I live in an RV now, so I don't need a mower 😁

Was gonna say that several of the stations we pass on the way to Hot Springs ORV has ethanol free, then I saw you're in Arkansas. Definitely more expensive though.

There are ethanol free locations here in Texas, not sure you have those. They are limited, very, and pricey, but heck less pricey than Cali prices, ugh. It's worth it for small motors, do y'all not have that?

Not a problem for some people. 🇺🇸
Barbie Jeep.jpg