19 volts to battery

you have found your problem. The middle pin should not have 12v with the key off. It should only have voltage when the relay coil is energized at pins 1 and 2.

Reactions: Daryl
Either the harness is shorted or whenever you did your ASD fix you ended up attaching that wire to B+ somewhere.

Can you elaborate more on the fix you performed when you had the ASD issue? What happened, why did you have to overlay it, where did you overlay it?

So.... ASD fuse 9, 30a, kept blowing on the trail. Rookie mistake, i put in a 40a which then blew and left me stranded on the trail. I looked into the wiring harness and the whole ASD wire was basically bare copper. So I followed that wire through the loom to the back of the valve cover where it rubbed through and shorted out. So I replace that whole red/white wire (ASD). Now I don't blow the ASD fuse, the jeep runs and well now we are here.

When you put that larger fuse in and the wire melted bare, its possible the dark green/pink wire(also ASD) melted together to a wire that is fed B+. That green/pink wire goes from the ASD relay to the: PCM, both oxygen sensors, and all fuel injectors.

I can help you isolate the circuit. set your multi meter to measure voltage at that center pin of the relay holder. Then pull fuse 26 and see if the voltage goes away. Then pull fuse 16 and see if the voltage goes away. if you still have voltage the short is either under the fuse box or goes towards PCM.

8w-10-15 will help you visualize the circuit.

Reactions: Daryl
I can help you isolate the circuit. set your multi meter to measure voltage at that center pin of the relay holder. Then pull fuse 26 and see if the voltage goes away. Then pull fuse 16 and see if the voltage goes away. if you still have voltage the short is either under the fuse box or goes towards PCM.

8w-10-15 will help you visualize the circuit.
So... DMM set to 20dcv. Probe on center pin. Pulled O2 fuse (16) no change. Then pulled inject fuse (26) no change.

You need to focus underneath the fuse box, possibly towards the PCM. If the red/white wire melted, the dark green/pink is the same exact circuit so it should be melted as well.

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 6.08.34 PM.png

Pull fuse 9 and see if the voltage goes away:unsure:

I am thinking red/white and green/pink are fused together directly under the relay slot if it does.

You need to focus underneath the fuse box, possibly towards the PCM. If the red/white wire melted, the dark green/pink is the same exact circuit so it should be melted as well.

View attachment 186715
First, thank you!!
Now I flipped the fuse box that wire green/pink goes from 3 down to one, which turns to green and purple. There are no fraya or splits anywhere all the way to the backside of the connection to the computer.

It should only be green/pink. Its possible the heat caused it to turn purple where it is only 1 wire. Somewhere underneath the fuse box the red/white is making contact with the green/pink. Chase the red/white wire from the relay socket, it shouldn't be very long as it goes from the relay socket to the fuse 9 socket.

S
It should only be green/pink. Its possible the heat caused it to turn purple where it is only 1 wire. Somewhere underneath the fuse box the red/white is making contact with the green/pink. Chase the red/white wire from the relay socket, it shouldn't be very long as it goes from the relay socket to the fuse 9 socket.
So I followed red/white which leads to ASD relay(29) no frays both wires look good.

That shouldn't do that. I am thinking you shorted inside of the PCM..