19 volts to battery

So fuse 9 is an unswitched power supply to the ECM along with providing power to the ASD. It enters the PCM in C1. C3 pin 12 is MONITORING the voltage on the ASD relay circuit. It should not be providing power to that circuit, but it is....

So fuse 9 is an unswitched power supply to the ECM along with providing power to the ASD. It enters the PCM in C1. C3 pin 12 is MONITORING the voltage on the ASD relay circuit. It should not be providing power to that circuit, but it is....
Again, thank you for aiding in this process. Took it for a test drive after all of this and it drives amazing, without the relay. No crazy voltage, no dying on me or anything. I'm just going to pull the ASD fuse when I shut it down so I don't have a dead battery.

No. Dark green/pink is the same as red/white. All that happens is the ASD relay engaged and it allows the red/white to now have continuity to the green/pink. The ECM is monitoring this circuit to make sure the ASD relay works. However, on your jeep, the PCM is actually supplying voltage on this circuit.

Again, thank you for aiding in this process. Took it for a test drive after all of this and it drives amazing, without the relay. No crazy voltage, no dying on me or anything. I'm just going to pull the ASD fuse when I shut it down so I don't have a dead battery.

That is going to be your best bet for an interim solution to keep your battery from draining. I know you already learned your lesson but this is a good example of why you never want to install a bigger fuse on a circuit.

Reactions: Jake kozlowski