2" lift w 33" inch tires

The reason I listed the fill plug is, the Dana 44 has a metal threaded fill plug, the Dana 35 has a rubber fill plug. Dead giveaway besides the shape of the diff cover.

I just looked at diagrams for the differential covers for the 35 vs. 44 and mine is definitely the same as the 44.... not sure if that's accurate but I assume it should be?
Has to be. Another dead give away. What model do you have? Sahara or Sport?

Last thing, you might want to measure your actual lift amount, considering the fact that your stock coil springs might be sagging. To do this measure the spring and spacer. Stock front is 12” and rear is 8”, so anything greater than that is actual lift.at least then you will know where you really stand.

okay so I finally measured and the front springs are 11" not including the spacer..... I assume that's pretty bad?

okay so I finally measured and the front springs are 11" not including the spacer..... I assume that's pretty bad?
As someone mentioned, I think, doing a 2-2.5" suspension lift plus small body lift or a 3-3.5" suspension lift is the best solution. Your springs are tired anyway, so a body lift would help for now and you could do the 2-2.5" later, or just do the 3-3.5" when you can do your research and save enough dough. You'll probably need to refresh your shocks too, especially if you go to 3-3.5".

You can do the suspension lifts as a kit or pieced together. Both are solid options. The HD 2" OME kit will net about 2.5" and costs around $900 for all parts, including new shocks. It's a great kit. Others are good too though, I just have experience with OME. Actually, mine is pieced together, I have the OME springs, spacers and rear track bar relocation bracket, paired with Bilstein 5100 shocks. It saved me some bucks. I was all in for around $500 because I got a steal on the shocks. If you paired the OME springs ($335), spacers ($20) and rear trackbar relocation bracket ($20) with the RS5000X shocks ($200), you could save some bucks and get out for around $600. I'm thinking that would be a great ride. Ask @bobthetj03. I think this is his current setup...

Reactions: bobthetj03
Yep, just recently purchased the Rancho RS5000X shocks and they ride pretty darn good for half the price of the OME shocks. Time will tell if they last as long. I believe @Rob5589 has those shocks on stock springs.

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
X didn’t have the Dana 44 as an option. Could have been added by the PO. Why not shoot a pic and post up!
okay looking again, this is definitely the 35..... I think the bolt pattern threw me off bc on one of the diagrams I was looking at, the bolt pattern was completely different so I thought it must not be the 35 but taking a closer look, it definitely is
59fa321c7c9c00c05b90566e1b84f6cd.jpg

Reactions: Fouledplugs
well darn, that's disappointing.... I guess the axle upgrade will be added to the list of improvements..... definitely have a project

This will tell you more about your Jeep. Just type your VIN and you'll get a build sheet for your Jeep.
https://jeep.custhelp.com/app/jeep/eqlisting_detail/
Thank you for this.....I’ve been following this thread, glued to every word because I’m considering the choice between 32in BFG’s or 33’s .Just installed a 2.5 in lift from RC. After reading along I was worried about rear axle and gear ratio being too weak or two low.....but thanks to this link I feel like I won a Jeep lottery!!

AFCC6B62-3CC8-4894-9B67-FE015B2B22C0.png

Reactions: JMT and CounterEMF
by the way 2006tj1 rough country makes a 2.5 inch kit that’s just shocks and springs for 350$. If your like me and your basically just driving a Jeep with occasional jumps in the mud puddles, I don’t see why RC wouldn’t work for you and your budget. Thanks for the thread

CC0A0726-FB9B-4572-9925-BA71BFEDFFFE.jpeg

As mentioned, that tire size on factory gears will result in less performance than stock. If you have 3.73 it’s probably livable. The 3.07’s would be worse.

UPDATE: I know it's been forever hahaha but I did find out that i do have the 3.73 which probably explains why I haven't felt too bad driving. I think I'm going to try to regear at some point either this year or next. I do mostly local driving but will have to commute a little more next year & need the best mileage I can get, albeit the intial investment will still be pretty steep.

if money permits I'm planning on doing the s35 upgrade w the regear, might as well if they are tearing everything apart anyway.

Reactions: JMT