2001 60th Anniversary Silverstone TJ

Trigger pulled (again) on rockers. I went with JCR's. I think they are pretty solid based on some research, and while they may not be as strong in function as form compared to the Genrights, I definitely like the way they look. Amateur photoshoppery included.

View attachment 126824
I have the JCR sliders. I like them. Good coverage, well built. There are some things I didn't like about how they instruct you to mount them... It's detailed in my build thread, I believe.

Reactions: jtbrigham
This weekend, I added a Viair 400H compressor for airing back up after time spent offroad. Check out the post and photo tutorial here.

IMG_1271.jpeg

Last edited:
I could use some advice. When I bought my Jeep the blinkers worked and the fog lights did not. I purchased a new steering column assembly and everything seemed to work once again. Along this build journey, I replaced the stock tail lights with Trail Tails, including wiring in LED resistors. Between now and then, and a lot of other work, the blinkers have stopped working. I tried replacing the fuse, even though it looked fine. A few minutes ago, I pulled the tail lights out, checked all the wiring, and even cut the resistors out just in case. I think my next step is to start testing the wires for current one by one.

The peculiar thing, and the reason I am posting is how they died. The other evening in an attempt to diagnose things, I played with the hazards and the blinker stick. The blinkers did nothing, no lights anywhere, but the hazards elicited a faint, dying flash on the dash. It was very faint, and now it is gone. Any idea what this may mean? I'm completely stumped.

Many thanks for any insight. I'm not the strongest with electrical.

**It is worth note that I made a dumb mistake and forgot to get behind each taillight and properly ground them. I got pulled to other things and lost revisiting them for this final step of the install. I, of course, grounded them since, but still no luck.

UPDATE:

...And like that google and Jeep forums to the rescue! I simply had not appreciated that in changing the multi function switch out in an attempt to fix my fogs, I had left out the flasher relay.

The helpful thread that saved me is here:

https://Wrangler Forum/f210/multifunction-switch-help-288665.html

Last edited:
JCR rockers underway... so far so good. The worst part has been drilling out the Sahara rivets from the channel that held the old color matched plastic pieces in place.

IMG_1284.jpeg

Reactions: reddvltj