2001 Sahara

The SwayLoc has been delivered.

Revolution has gears, but no bearings and no ETA.

I’m hoping to order the Vanco 15” BBK tomorrow.

I should be able to order the CurrectLync in two weeks.

Savvy Body Lift and Motor Mount lift are both on back order.

Reactions: Chris and JMT
The SwayLoc has been delivered.

Revolution has gears, but no bearings and no ETA.

I’m hoping to order the Vanco 15” BBK tomorrow.

I should be able to order the CurrectLync in two weeks.

Savvy Body Lift and Motor Mount lift are both on back order.
I got bearings, individually, from rock auto. I found a couple rough county install kits on Amazon. Since the install kits had no name, made in China bearings, I elected to get Timkens. The inner pinion bearings seem to be in the shortest supply (for D44s). I had to buy SKFs. Rock auto had Timkens, but they wanted $110 a piece for them!

Reactions: Serbonze
I hope it doesn't come to piecing it all together, but if it does so be it. I have a feeling that I'll be stockpiling parts for awhile though. I can install the SwayLoc now, and probably the CurrectLync (although it's not needed yet) once it arrives, but I don't think it makes sense to install anything else since it's basically double the work as most of the same parts will all need to come out.

It took awhile to gather all of the parts, but project 35s is complete.

Final Parts List
35/12.5x15 Cooper Discoverer STT Pros
Revolution Discovery Rear Axle shafts
Revolution Discovery Front Axle shafts
VANCO BBK
SwayLoc
Rockjock CurrectLync
Rokmen 1" Body Lift
Revolution 4.56 gears F/R with REM Surfacing
Spicer Ball Joints
M.O.R.E 1" Motor Mount Lift
37 Tooth Speedometer Gear
Two new front Jounce Bumpers
Inspection of a few odds and ends that I've been having issues with

I drove it three hours down to a friend's shop, and three hours back a week later.

Overall Impression
It drove home almost exactly as it drove on the way down, which I view as a very good thing. I drove through a huge downpour, and it didn't act any differently than it had before.

I didn't hear or feel any new noises or vibrations during normal driving until I pulled into my neighborhood. At that point I heard something, but I was too tired to investigate and just wanted to get home. I drove it around the shop before taking it home, and didn't hear anything then though.

I didn't notice any difference going from the stock sway bar to the SwayLoc (it is currently set up using the second from loosest setting). The bumper had to be trimmed to allow for full movement of the arm, and I had to remove the fog fog lights because the mounting bolts were interfering with the arms. I'll deal with those later.

The upgrade to the BBK was such a difference from the OE size Centric rotors/calipers and Black Magic pads that I'm not sure how to accurately describe it. When it wants to stop, it freaking stops.

The steering feels stiffer with the new components. I still have a slight clunk, which may be coming from the steering box because the upper and lower steering shafts seem to be okay. It's something that I'll need to monitor.

The only negative, so far, is a significant vibration while sitting still but in Neutral. I assume that this is due to the M.O.R.E. motor mount, so if it gets to be too much at some point I may opt for new OE motor mounts and a 1" spacer instead.

My wife and I both drive this Jeep, and she had equal input into all of the decisions. It was her decision to go to 35s, as I was happy with the 33s. I was a bit nervous based on the size of the tires and the investment into making it all work safely, but in the end she was extremely happy with it and had a huge smile on her face. That's really all that I could have asked for, so for me (so far) this project was a win.

Jeep 1.jpg

Jeep 2.JPEG

Jeep 3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Lonewolf