2001 TJ frame replacement

JohnnyBolo

Hi everyone, i'm new into the jeep thing!
I wish to replace the frame of my 2001 TJ 4.0 instead of using safe T cap. The manufacturer don't make new frames 1997-2006 anymore.
Can i put a 2014-2015 frame in it? i guess there are differences, are they modifiable?

Thanks in advance for your input !

Cheers

There is absolutely no way a 2014-2015 frame will fit, not even close. You need a 1997-2006 frame, preferably a 1997-2002 with 6 cylinder motor mounts (as opposed to a frame with 4 cylinder motor mounts). These frames are very very hard to find. I've been looking for 2 months for a frame for my 2001 and I'm finally going to see one next week. They are very hard to find, especially up north in the rust belt.

Any 1997-2006 TJ frame with any motor mounts can be made to fit your Jeep, but some will require some modifications. Unfortunately, the 1997-2002 frames with 6 cylinder motor mounts are the hardest to find.

I replaced my rusted out 01 frame with an 03 frame.
Steering box placement had to be modified (there are threads on this) and I had to buy a new belly pan for my rubicon express long arms. In total the swap cost me around 3k. I was fortunate as my brother- who has a garage shop - really helped.
Good luck!

Keep an eye on craigslist, FB Marketplace and salvage yards in a network, it took me about 3 weeks of vigilance to locate the frame on Marketplace I used last fall. They are out there just keep looking.

$900 is a steal. In the north east, $1800-$2000 is the going rate. There is a guy that brings trailer loads back from AZ...

$900 is a steal. In the north east, $1800-$2000 is the going rate. There is a guy that brings trailer loads back from AZ...

@TJ's-TJ Happen to have a name for this guy? Just punched a hold in the bottom rail of my TJ Unlimited Frame so in the market. Have a line on a frame in VT but open to looking at other options.

@TJ's-TJ Happen to have a name for this guy? Just punched a hold in the bottom rail of my TJ Unlimited Frame so in the market. Have a line on a frame in VT but open to looking at other options.
Does anyone have the name of the guy in AZ or where we can find him? We are in PA and have been looking for months for a 2001 TJ Frame.