2003 TJ Wrangler

Got a few solid ideas in my head on the direction I want to go with this.

Wheels and tyres
-Pro Comp Series 52 15x7 3.75BS These ones
-KM2s in 33 x 10.5

Lift
I want to do the minimum lift I can get away with. Since owning Suzuki Sierras my moto has always been 'low and slow', the jeep is a bit faster but I still want to keep it low.

-Bring the front level using a spacer
-Body lift
-Motor lift
-Virtual lift where I can
-Tummy Tuck

Diffs
-Reduction gears (yet to work out ratio)
-Front and possibly rear locker
The LSD still works well, but when the time comes I might lock the rear to whilst it's all apart.

Bar work
-Stock front bar with fog lights. I'll cap the ends of the bar.
-Custom rear likely using the stock bar but will integrate a tow hitch allowing me to get rid of the low mounted rear tow bar.

Body
Not too much to do.
-New soft top
-Replace grill. Only if I can find a good second hand one in red.

Miscellaneous
-Remove and disconnect factory air conditioning

I'm going to start with wheels and tyres and then start working on lift.

If anyone knows of a good item (spacer or puck) that will allow me to level the suspension I'd be open to suggestions.

Reactions: Chris
Great start and its 'never' ends..
dory.png

I will address the elephant in the room.

I am not being judgy but...
Someone put the steering wheel on the wrong side of the Jeep. I noticed the same thing on the awesome falcon truck.

What? I know you were thinking that too.

Ok seriously nice falcon. I would love one of those. And years ago, I also had a Zook, and I found the Jeeps to be a bit more comfortable. Good to see more gear heads here. Nice projects keep us posted with lots of pics.

I will address the elephant in the room.

I am not being judgy but...
Someone put the steering wheel on the wrong side of the Jeep. I noticed the same thing on the awesome falcon truck.

What? I know you were thinking that too.

Ok seriously nice falcon. I would love one of those. And years ago, I also had a Zook, and I found the Jeeps to be a bit more comfortable. Good to see more gear heads here. Nice projects keep us posted with lots of pics.

One day I will come to the US and drive a left hand drive car and see what all the fuss is about :D

The jeep will but slow progress until the Falcon is ready. I need to have a car on the road at all times, and hopefully the Falcon will be done in the next few months.

If anyone is interested the Falcon is getting a heart transplant. Injected 302 - C4 trans - 9"
Body will be tidied up (few dings) otherwise left as is.
For compliance I have a few other bits to do; brake upgrade, steering upgrade, install seat belts o_O etc.
Only other thing I want to do is re-trim the seat and door cars, and I'm having this urge to even attempt that myself.
Apart from the tuning of the ECU this has been all done at home.
Should be a nice cruiser be capable of spinning some tyres.

I am definitely interested...

Ya I was just recently in London/Liverpool, I didn't drive a car there, but I rode in some, and it was definitely weird. Since I grew up here it seemed really odd, I imagine you will get the same feeling if you come here.

Reactions: piratemonkey
I drove a 70's VW beach buggy around Wyoming about 15 years ago...loved it. although being in Autumn in an open top buggy wasn't the best vehicle to see driving around in... Great fun though and only took me a couple of goes to get the LHD thing sorted in my head. haha The tricky bit was turning at junctions lol (funny how nobody wanted to drive with me after a near miss )

Funny story, I think it would be hard to shift with the non-dominant hand, and for sure the turns would be weird. Not positive I could get used to driving on the opposite side of the road either. I have just been doing it this way for so long. You would have laughed at us in London, we didn't even know how to watch for cars when crossing the street.

[QUOTE="ac_, post: 110068,we didn't even know how to watch for cars when crossing the street.[/QUOTE]

That's common out here with people looking the wrong way, especially in the tourist spots

I spent two years in Australia while I was in the service. Communication station in the outback. We needed wheels to get anywhere, so a buddy (mate) of mine went half on a Holden. Drove that thing all over the place! When I was due to land back in the states, my Dad said he would leave a car for me so when I was discharged I could drive home. Well ... I had to drive through San Francisco to get home. I hadn't driven in the states in over two years. Was really nervous about driving through a big city right away. I took a bus home!

Took the Jeep over the pits for its inspection so I can transfer the ownership over.
Passed with flying colours.

Ordered some new wheels, They're coming from the US and the supplier only had 4 in stock. The manufacturer didn't have any stock, so I have to wait until they do a batch. I'm not expecting to see them until late this year or even early next year.

Changed the bumper bar over and got rid of the ugly chrome bar, sidesteps still pending.

23783519_549243232078294_4494262460603374082_o.jpg

23800064_549243242078293_5682184664618277282_o.jpg

I've been busy extending my garage so I can have a bit more room in there. Once it's done and I'm setup again I'll make up some caps to weld in to the ends of the bar.

It's a big mess in there at the moment

21150163_512533965749221_8985318915216013711_n.jpg

Reactions: derekmac and Chris
Got a few solid ideas in my head on the direction I want to go with this.

Wheels and tyres
-Pro Comp Series 52 15x7 3.75BS These ones
-KM2s in 33 x 10.5

FWIW, I've been more than happy running 32's with standard gearing. Seeing as you're looking at a 33x10.5 anyway it might be a good option whilst you do other things.

After getting messed around with trying to get Chinese wheels out of the US, I managed to get some Taiwanese built wheels in the same spec.

The Jeep was in need of some new tyres, needing some work for 33s I bought some 31s to get me through for now.

25152041_557569827912301_2241020900326698046_n.jpg

Cooling system overhaul is next on the cards. It's running on the hot side of things and coming into summer I'd like to fix that ASAP.

Reactions: Chris
After getting messed around with trying to get Chinese wheels out of the US, I managed to get some Taiwanese built wheels in the same spec.

The Jeep was in need of some new tyres, needing some work for 33s I bought some 31s to get me through for now.

View attachment 26713

Cooling system overhaul is next on the cards. It's running on the hot side of things and coming into summer I'd like to fix that ASAP.

Ahhh, Photobucket doesn't work. Upload the picture to the forum directly, that way you don't have to rely on Photobucket, which has gone to shit these days.

Four month anniversary for me and the TJ this week.
I don't drive a lot, but it's been a fun time. Easily one of the more fun cars I've owned.

Not a big deal has happened, but parts are starting to pile up and Autumn is fast approaching I better pull my finger out and get it ready for winter wheeling.

Four month anniversary for me and the TJ this week.
I don't drive a lot, but it's been a fun time. Easily one of the more fun cars I've owned.

Not a big deal has happened, but parts are starting to pile up and Autumn is fast approaching I better pull my finger out and get it ready for winter wheeling.
I'm getting ready to clear the garage to get the Jeep in so I can work on it in the dry and warm lol...Where in Oz are you ?