2003 TJ Wrangler

After getting messed around with trying to get Chinese wheels out of the US, I managed to get some Taiwanese built wheels in the same spec.

The Jeep was in need of some new tyres, needing some work for 33s I bought some 31s to get me through for now.

View attachment 26714

Cooling system overhaul is next on the cards. It's running on the hot side of things and coming into summer I'd like to fix that ASAP.
Looking good. Be even better when you can take the top and door tops off.

Apart from getting a new top not much has been happening with the TJ.
It's getting driven once a week which is enough to keep the charge in the battery.
new top.jpg

I managed to source on OEM wiring loom for the factory fog lights which turned up today. I’ve got some lights on their way over which may even arrive tomorrow.
I’m not sure if I’ll need to modify the loom as it’s going into a RHD, but i’m thinking it’s just going to be a mirror image to the LHD.

image.jpg

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
It's been a while since I popped my head in here.

As much as I loved it unfortunately the TJ just wasn't cutting the cheese, so we parted ways.

The new workhorse:

View attachment 77191
Nooooooo !!!.... I suppose as work truck there is allot more room in the Toyota than the TJ...shame to see it gone though mate.

Reactions: piratemonkey
Nooooooo !!!.... I suppose as work truck there is allot more room in the Toyota than the TJ...shame to see it gone though mate.

Whilst willing to make it work I was asking a lot from the TJ, and towing a trailer almost every time I drove started to get tiring.
The 4.5L TD V8 is surprisingly more fuel efficiant than the TJ towing a trailer too.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
and the last zook project the day I got the 33's

View attachment 25127

Did a virtual lift and tubbed the rear as well as stretching the chassis to run RUF (REAR springs UP FRONT).
Also replaced the carby motor with a EFI motor out of the later model Suzuki Jimny.
I absolutely love how low this zook is sitting.. these are under estimated afraid rigs. They do wonderful in the colorado rockies.

Reactions: piratemonkey