2004 Jeep TJ

Ok got the rear end just about wrapped up installed New Apoc Upper and Lower Adj control arms, new parking brake shoes and hardware, new rotors and pads, new axle seals, bearings and retainer, new OME shocks and Coils, still need to dial in the pinion angle torque the upper and lower control arm bolts and install the new sway bar and tweak the parking brake shoe adj just a tad
IMG_3874.JPG

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
still need to install the novak cable transfer case shifter and the front driveshaft, and flip the front upper and lower control arms around I installed them backwards should have read the instructions duh, install new rotors and pads on the front, dial the pinion angle on the front diff and fix the heat and air conditioning the blower does not blow, change the trans fluid install the short throw shifter and change the transfer case fluid and engine oil and filters

Got the ol jeep back on all 4s today damn it drives good still have some work to do on the front probably a couple more days of pullin wrenches and it will be good to go
IMG_3878.JPG

Ok got to spend some time pulling wrenches today finished up the rear end
Adj Control Arms uppers and lowers installed uppers trq to 55ftlbs lowers trq to 130 ftlbs
New Parking Brake shoes and hardware installed
Pinion Angle set
New Rotors installed
new disc brake pads installed calipers trq to 11 ftlbs
new sway bar and links installed
new axle seals and bearings complete retainer nuts trq to 45ftlbs
Diff oil changed Royal Purple 74/140
Diff Cover and Bolts Painted diff bolts trq to 30 ftlbs
New Coil Springs and Shocks installed
New Coil Spring Isolator pads installed
new energy suspension bump stops installed
IMG_3880.JPG

Well its X mas Day and I finally got the TJ back together today, installed the steinjager transfer case cable shifter and the adams front drive shaft pulled out the shop and got a few miles down the road and check engine light came on, engine started stuttering and jerking from 800 to 2000 rpm the code that flashed on was P 1391 looks like I am not finished yet and will be putting a crankshaft position sensor in tomorrow or friday or as soon as the mopar house gets one, Also the throw out bearing started making some noise on the way back to the shop

Last edited:
Alright Alright Alright got it home today
IMG_3892.JPG

Still have a ton of stuff to do mostly minor except for installing the clutch I will keep you all updated may be awhile gotta go make some dough for more jeep stuff

Ok Not much to report did get some new door limiting straps made them from old ratchet strap here is the practice one don't worry the ones I made were solid black but if someone had a red and black jeep the practice would be a nice touch
IMG_3895 (1).JPG

Ok next high priority project will be to reupholster the seats the plan is reupholster with denier 1000 which i think is the same mateial the military uses to make all their cool gear out of. I believe bartact makes there slip on seat covers out of the same stuff also. This will be my first attempt at reupholstering seats so it will be a slow process I am sure

What are you planning on doing with the fender flares, paint, replace or? I replaced the OEM flares on my 04 with wider ones, and I had them painted to match the body.

I like your build.

What are you planning on doing with the fender flares, paint, replace or? I replaced the OEM flares on my 04 with wider ones, and I had them painted to match the body.

I like your build.
probably spray liner when i get ready to do the tub inside and underneath

probably spray liner when i get ready to do the tub inside and underneath
Since your in Texas I was wondering about the sun fading whatever you put on the plastic. Where I live rust is the biggest issue. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the inside of your Jeep.

Since your in Texas I was wondering about the sun fading whatever you put on the plastic. Where I live rust is the biggest issue. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the inside of your Jeep.
There is post floating around in here that someone used minwax stain tobring back the sun damaged plastic flares supposed to be really good