SOLD 2004 LJ - $25,500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irun

A vicious cycle of doing, undoing, and re-doing!
Supporting Member
Price
This is a tough one to let go of, but the time has come to move on. A lot of time, money, thought, and passion has gone into this build. It performs incredibly well, both on and off road. To be 100% transparent, this Jeep has been wheeled, so the paint isn't perfect. There are however no significant body or paint issues, I'm just letting anyone potentially interested know not to expect a new vehicle finish. That said, here are the details:

2004 Wrangler LJ with 134K
Patriot Blue
Automatic
A/C
Cruise Control
Full & Half Doors
Soft Top

The Jeep has always been garaged and has zero rust. Here's a breakdown of what's been done:

Interior:
Bartac Front Seat Covers
BedRug Carpet
Upgraded Bluetooth Stereo, Speakers, & Subwoofer
Rockhard Interior Cage
Tuffy Full Subwoofer Console

Drivetrain:
Automatic with B&M Stacked Plate Transmission Cooler and Transmission Temperature Gauge
Cooling System replaced
Brake Pads, Calipers & Rotors replaced
New Oil Pump, Rear Main Seal, Valve cover & Oil Pan Gaskets
Rubicon Dana 44 Disc Brake Rear With 5.13 Gears, Factory Locker, & Superior Axles
Rubicon Dana 44 Front With 5.13 Gears, Factory Air Locker, Reid Knuckles, Warn Lockout Hubs, & Dutchman Axles
New Locker Pumps, Mounted Under the Hood
241 RockTrac Transfer Case
Advance Adapter RubiCrawler, With Twin Stick Shifter - Provides 4 Crawl Speeds (1:1; 2.72:1, 4:1, & 10.88:1)
PSC Steering (Steering Box, Pump, and Cooler)
New Mopar exhaust (Muffler and Tailpipe)

Armor:
Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid, Along With a New Bosch Fuel Pump
Savvy Steering Box Skid (Covers the new PSC steering box)
UCF Aluminum Transfer Case Skid
UCF Aluminum Engine Skid
Metalcloak Full Corner Armor
Metalcloak Rocker Guards
Metalcloak Front & Rear Fenders, With 6" Flares

Bumpers:
UCF Ultra-High Clearance Steel Front Bumper
Winch With Synthetic Line
UCF Aluminum Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier

Suspension and Steering:
Metalcloak 3.5" Double Adjustable Aluminum Short Arm Lift
Metalcloak Front & Rear Trackbars
Metalcloak 6Pak 13" Travel Shocks
Artec Lower Control Arm Mounts
Currie Correctlync Steering
Currie Antirock
Tom Woods Driveshafts (Front and Rear)

Wheels & Tires:
Walker Evans Beadlock Wheels (5 on 5.5 Bolt Pattern)
Mickey Thompson MTZ P3 35x12.50R17

Lights:
All Interior Lights, Dash and Overhead, replaced with LED

dj2fjid-jpg.jpg

mkdyxfx-jpg.jpg

JNuTZVt.jpg

2iDcWlO.jpg

dd4fo2z-jpg.jpg

6tIx2RI.jpg

Hk1XTjZ.jpg

RvsfVGq.jpg

iMhfuvT.jpg

LiAwC5Q.jpg

rredokd-jpg.jpg

anfuhgi-jpg.jpg

tnqq7mi-jpg.jpg

hsebwtw-jpg.jpg

1kLcrG2.jpg

5jxIfQl.jpg

dnifi6r-jpg.jpg

qwwm3vb-jpg.jpg

k2suvCv.jpg

hwrihlv-jpg.jpg

1595522562745-png.png

X7eS0wl.jpg

Last edited:
It's a sad day Rich, but I understand you need to clear room in the TJ lot :p

Good luck with sale, don't compromise on price, it's worth every penny. Wish I had the funds!

Reactions: Irun
Not again, you are close and this is so tough to ignore. Had this same problem last time listed. Awesome LJ, good luck.

It's a sad day Rich, but I understand you need to clear room in the TJ lot :p

Good luck with sale, don't compromise on price, it's worth every penny. Wish I had the funds!
I've come to accept that it really is time to move on. It just sits in the garage and this doesn't make sense to me anymore. I'd much rather see it go to someone that will drive and enjoy it. That said, there is no hurry, so we'll see what happens.

On a positive note, for the first time ever, my wife told me she really likes the one I got from Jeff, and she wants to take her out to someplace where she can practice driving it. In our years together, she has rarely ever ridden in the Jeep, and never asked me to let her drive it. I'll take that as a sign I'm moving in the right direction!

I've come to accept that it really is time to move on. It just sits in the garage and this doesn't make sense to me anymore. I'd much rather see it go to someone that will drive and enjoy it. That said, there is no hurry, so we'll see what happens.

On a positive note, for the first time ever, my wife told me she really likes the one I got from Jeff, and she wants to take her out to someplace where she can practice driving it. In our years together, she has rarely ever ridden in the Jeep, and never asked me to let her drive it. I'll take that as a sign I'm moving in the right direction!
Getting the wife on board would be huge. My wife barely rides in it, but she has driven it a few times as she can drive a manual. The kids always want to ride in it, so that's huge for me. Again, good luck with the sale!!

I gotta ask: What's up with the plug in the bottom of the frame?
I had some extra plugs that happened to fit the drain holes I drilled. When I wheel in the muck in my area, I plug the holes and put tape over the frame openings. It helps to keep down the amount of crap that collects inside the frame. Once I come back from wheeling, I pull the tape and plugs, to wash out the frame.

Damn, you really have me considering buying this and selling my TJ. I've always loved this rig.
If you decide you want to talk, let me know. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have and will always be up front about what's been done.

Reactions: jesseshoots
I was thinking the same thing. For me it's either Road Trip or ship it but damn it would make a nice DD and weekend wheeler while my TJ is the monster hardcore rig.
This is the one place, around my area, where I notice the huge difference between a TJ and LJ. Driving the LJ 75 MPH down 66 feels way better than driving a TJ at the same speed! ;)

Reactions: rasband and Wildman
Great looking LJ Irun! Mine used to look just like this but in khaki. :)

This is the one place, around my area, where I notice the huge difference between a TJ and LJ. Driving the LJ 75 MPH down 66 feels way better than driving a TJ at the same speed! ;)

I'll be honest I've only been in a LJ twice.
Once was when I test drove a RubiSahra and the other was a wheeling trip in a buddies. So I don't have a lot of experience with them.

I'll be honest I've only been in a LJ twice.
Once was when I test drove a RubiSahra and the other was a wheeling trip in a buddies. So I don't have a lot of experience with them.
Having both, the best way I can sum it up is this:

The LJ is so much more practical to drive on a daily basis, but the TJ is more fun!

I'm not sure if that makes sense, but it isn't far off!

Rich, sad to see you selling it, but glad to see you with the new rig and project. To all interested in it, I've seen it in person and wheeled beside it. Although it looks good in the pics, it looks even better in person. Rich's attention to detail and "mild" OCD are evidenced all over this rig. This is an amazing deal for someone. Looking forward to the new project, Rich.

Status
Not open for further replies.